Lesley

Raised Dog Bowls

I started to look around for some raised bowls and wanted something different to the adjustable stands which can be a bit unstable.........

I found these....

http://www.troughsofbowlland.co.uk/

I like the p

deep pink, top right of the photos....... :wink:

I thought these were expensive so kept on looking......you wouldn't believe the cost of some of the others I saw :shock: - perspex for over £100 :shock:

We now have this.............

DSCF0724.jpg

One Ikea bedside table.......some leftover grey undercoat.....and a tester pot of Bubblegum pink paint! Cost = less than £14. The shelf was too high in its original position so it was put in the lower position.

Tacky???.......never!!! :lol:

That looks fantastic. Funnily enough we were only talking about this the other day. At the moment Cookie has her bowl on the floor but it does look uncomfortable bending her neck down all that way. I think there's a health thing as well isn't there with taller dogs and that the bowl should be raised. I might be wrong!

Cookie has had trouble with her neck before, she got a grass head up her nose, sneezed violently and gave herself whiplash :roll: so we might have to go down this route.

Yes, you're right about taller dogs having health problems with low bowls Ann.

Cathy - I'm afraid the pink matches my kitchen :lol:

My tablecloth fabric - http://www.candh.co.uk/product-SMD-Textiles-Vinny-Cerise-0053725/

Tali has a very long neck and is now almost as tall as Jazz - I've ordered a tubular metal one from Ebay for her as she's such a messy eater and drinker :roll:

Clare, your orange Crocs will clash with my doggie table soooooooo you're not allowed to visit anymore :notalk:

Edited by Guest

lesley, I love the colour of your kitchen :D:D:D

if I thought I could get away with it - I most certainly would :lol: (kev refuses to have a pink bedroom - im never going to get a bright pink kitchen :lol: )

Seagazer i feel all guilty now :oops: give cookie an extra snuggle from me, go and pull her hears :D:D:D

cathy

x

Cathy please don't feel guilty, everybody always laughs when we tell them about it. We didn't because of the rather large out of hours vet bill that it entailed :shock: I'll give her a cuddle for you :D

Showed OH the website and he thinks its a good idea for Cooks. Don't know why we hadn't thought of it before.

lesley, I love the colour of your kitchen :D:D:D

if I thought I could get away with it - I most certainly would :lol: (kev refuses to have a pink bedroom - im never going to get a bright pink kitchen :lol: )

Only the accessories are pink - even I wouldn't get away with a completely pink kitchen! :lol:

I should have added that my son painted it for me as he was using our workshop the other day and was painting a bath panel for someone..........when he carried it up to the house for me he got the pink paint on his work fleece.........he'll have to visit builders/plumbers merchants covered in pink paint now :lol: - luckily, he didn't care, he said he'd tell them he'd been painting his bedroom :D

That's brilliant Lesley :D

This is just the thread I needed :D:D I've been looking for a raised feeding bowl for Snuffs (Sam the Pups nickname...because he Snuffles everything...normally off the worktop and kitchen table when he thinks I'm not looking :roll::lol: )

I'm not sure what he would think about the colour...but I do have some left over purple paint from when I painted the front lobby last year :wink:

Well we bought one of those raised dog bowls and I think Lewis might be right about saving your money. It came and the leg was all lopsided where the glue hadn't set properly. It was supposed to be sage but it is more like apple green - I'm not overly keen on the colour. But, Cookie absolutely loves it and OH said that there is no way he would have got around to making one.

OH has fixed some brackets underneath the top shelf bit to strengthen it. I'm just about to email the company just to let them know.

By the way, Dave the cat absolutely loves it too. Something else for him to climb on. He also likes to drink from it as well. Sometimes he climbs up and drinks or he stands on his back legs and has a slurp :lol: There is a big water bowl on the floor but its obviously not as much fun!