Muppet81

Porridge

Yep......normal porridge.

I make it with water, not milk though.

I add Poultry Spice, Dried Mealworms, a few sultanas, and some sweetcorn or as an occasional treat, Hulled Sunflower Hearts. I might also whack in some probiotic yoghurt too.

Delish!!

My pal gives her hens Weetabix...she says they wolf it down!!

Took my silly chooks some leftover porridge this morning to warm them up - they got so excited by the bowl that, as I reached forward to put it in the run, they jumped up onto it and spilt it all over the floor. Then proceeded to slurp it up without so much as a thank you! Complete ladettes, the lot of 'em! :roll::D

I buy the supermarkets own brand of cheap porridge, its now known as the Chickens porridge indoors, but only cost about 38pence i think i paid last for it, though could be wrong, but it lasts for ages, and i use half milk half water.. then i add some poultry spice to it, to give it a bit of a smell and flavour. and they love it. x

I thought mine hated porridge but it turns out i was making it wrong - no shock there then! :roll:

I now make it very sloppy and add blueberries and strawberries & little bits of melon too - it goes down a real treat! :D:D:D

May have to try this as mine don't seem to like it either.