emmab

Stag night suggestions please!

Hi all, I've been asked to be best man (well best woman) for my best friend's wedding in July. Obviously I'm a very 'alternative' choice so I want to arrange an 'alternative' and memorable night out/weekend. I've looked all over the internet and nothing's jumped out at me. The boys who will be invited are no help-they just wanna get drunk and visit an adult only 'dancing' bar-really original! The groom's not got many suggestions either so I thought I'd ask you guys!! Any suggestions? x

For my best friends hen do a couple of years ago we went to Wales (near Tenby) to an adventure place where you could do horse riding, archery, learn to surf plus tons of other things. We went for the weekend and had a fabulous time, and went out one evening to the local pub and the next to a very nice restaurant. They had quite basic sleeping quarters (think YHA dorm) and very basic food, but we basically had the run of the place and a great time :D

I was best woman for a friend of mine (house mate from Uni). For his stag day/night I arranged a day of Go-carting, then a round of golf, followed by a curry and a general booze up. Avoided any sign of strippers etc and all great fun. Came last in everything and generally had the mickey taken out of me all day - :lol: so be warned!

have fun :P

tank driving sounds amazing!! i've never heard of that before in fact they're all fanatstic suggestions. Thanks guys! (i am prepared to have the mickey took out of me too! I'm rubbish at any type of competitive games-well except drinking! think that's why I'm best man-ha ha ha!!) xx

Try Blackpool - set up for stag nights and very cheap, and visit Funny Girls, the Transvestite Burlesque show bar - as featured on the Royal Variety Performance a couple of years ago, and lean enough to take your Grandma too, but a real eye opener for most blokes!

http://www.funnygirlsshowbar.co.uk/index.asp

Still I can recommend Tank driving too, not cheap, but brilliant fun - depends on how many of you there are as you have to take it in turns, so if you are a large group, you may not get many goes each in the time.

enjoy!

I was going to suggest tank driving or airsoft - all the men in my life love the odd game of crawling through the undergrowtih pretending to be soldiers. If they still have the energy afterwards they could still do the beer then....

Whether you would want to join them at the 'adult bar' stage of the evening is up to you! I like the burlesque idea though - that would be good for everyone.

I think the tank driving, crawling around in mud type ideas are good. Tire them out and then give them plenty of beer and curry. I've never seen a burlesque show and assumed it was just stripping with a posh name. I thought it was just men being tricksy as in 'No dear, it's art', or 'I'm just reading the articles'. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really like the idea of a burlesque show and I love love love funny girls but as I'm a professional dancer and am currently in a drag show the boys will just think I've organised a night out for myself!! Really fancy rolling round in mud and tank driving! Though someone suggested 'Zorbing' to me today-it looks a-maz-ing! Anyway, it turns out England are playing on the night we've planned, so football and beer it is! I'm still going to arrange day activities though! I'll let you know how I get on! xx

Just my 0.02$, but I like the tank driving. We did it a couple of years ago and it was a real hoot. The firm running it was Leicester way and as well as the tank (it wasn't really a tank but an Abbott self propelled gun - how sad am I :oops: ) there was X-country in a land rover, quad bike racing, six wheeled amphibious vehicles and a JCB - great boys day out :lol:

oooh chucky1 do you have the details for that place? Leicester's not so far from us and that sounds fab! I'm really getting excited now! All these suggestions-I cant wait to tell the boys all your ideas! You guys really are fab!! x

Sorry Emma - I have a memory extremely un-Elephant like :(

But this place is in Lutterworth

http://www.experiencemad.co.uk/Tank-Driving/GMVD/

another plus point is that they specify Chieftain Tank! This is serious kit.

One word of caution if you do go on this, it's unlikely that the Chieftain will be at every location (Winchester, Bristol or Lutterworth) so if you are set on Lutterworth, just make sure the Cheiftain is there before you say it to the blokes.

It's a Bloke Thing :D