chickenopolis

Shake your tail feather.......

Our 2 girls, when standing at the back door demanding mealworms, or rootling about or just generally wandering around the garden, shake their tail feathers, as if they had a tail.

I take it other chickens do this?

Do I have to tell them that they don't have a tail!!! :doh:

I have also found that to get their attention from where ever I am in the garden I shake the meal worm tin, gently say "Mrs Chicken", and they come running down the garden like their feet are on fire, talking away to me. It's lovely to watch.

Just wanted to tell someone that...... I am sure the neighbours must think I am odd.....never mind... tee hee... :lol:

I have just noticed that my Camilla has started shaking her tail feathers. She also loves to fluff herself up and flap her wings. She has also just discovered that flapping her wings while running help her get down the garden to the treats faster. They are so funny to watch.

Mine do the tail wagging, and also the feather fluffing. Mine also do a little excitable skip sometimes when running to see what the others have found...so sweet to watch. Always make me smile....except today when I felt sorry for them stood under their cover watching the rain coming down...and down..and down and then looking at me as if I could make it stop :(