Cinnamon

Star Struck

When OH and I had a weekend away last November, the receptionist excitedly told us that a celebrity and film crew were also staying "you know, the one that gives all the money away on GMTV" We hadn't a clue who she was on about! When we went down to dinner, we sat in the lounge chatting to the other guests. I'd been talking to one guy for about 10 minutes before I realised he was Keith Chegwin! :oops: He was very sweet, not a bit like I imagined him to be. Very charming and professional - he also looks a lot younger in real life than he does on TV! I know not in the major league of stars, but a very nice man anyway! :D:D And the film crew were very funny - kept us entertained all evening with stories of life on the road! :lol:

I once nearly bumped into Charles Dance outside M&S in Clapham Junction 8) I have met Matt Goss, Rick Astley, Jonathon Woss, spoken to David Couthard on the phone about crash helmet sizes :shock: , all while working in the motorbike trade 8)

OH taught Zoe Ball, Simon La Bon, Danny Minogue, John & Gregg Searle (Olympic rowing champions) to ride a motorbike. About 4 years ago OH taught Gwyneth Paltrow to ride a scooter one Saturday, while I was at work. OH called me for a quick word and then passed the phone to Gwyneth, who thanked me for letting OH spend his Saturday teaching her how to ride her scooter. A very nice lady. Not long she asked for OH to teach Chris Martin how to ride a scooter also 8) OH was leaving the company so was unable to :(

I don't think that I've ever actually met anyone famous :( , racking my brains, but can't think of anyone right now. A few by association, particularly from little sis who works in TV production and has worked with all number of people. Most of the time she's either highly flattering about the people she's worked with, otherwise she says very little :roll::roll: .

Hubby's met a couple of famous names at work, but no-one I can actually name :roll:

Oh, just remembered.......... I once shared a Turkish bath with the director of the Tweenies :shock: How about that for a claim to fame :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And a couple of now ex-Charlton footballers used to live locally and had children at the same primary school as my children.

Sad, I don't think that Dartford counts as celeb-ville.......... not since Mick Jagger left Dartford Grammar School at any rate :wink:

I once nearly bumped into Charles Dance outside M&S in Clapham Junction 8) I have met Matt Goss, Rick Astley, Jonathon Woss,

out 4 years ago OH taught OH taught Zoe Ball, Simon La Bon, Danny Minogue, John & Gregg Searle (Olympic rowing champions)

We met Jonatan Ross too, at Legoland.It was really funny.I was in a queue for the cafe & just looking around aimlessley (like you do) & saw these purple snakeskin winklepickers on this guys feet.I thought,well theres a pair of shoes for a celeb,looked up & it was Wossy with his kids.We got chatting & he was really charming & funny.

The Hubb,who is also a Biker Paola, replaced James Cracknells windows a couple of years ago.He is absolutly MASSIVE :shock:

I have met Steve Redgrave a few times,being in Henley it is sort of inevitable really 8)

Oh my word - PAOLA!!!!!

I'm lost for words. What a massively brilliant claim to fame, I'm sure that makes you and OH celebrities by default !!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Just imagine - you could have your own mini series about motorbike proficiency :D

I'm bringing my autograph book next time I see you! 8)8)

Lee Sharpe who ????

Martin, you missed one VERY famous quartet who lived in Stratford. I had the privilidge of meeting them all and their giant rabbits. Can you guess who they are? :?

Edited by Guest

Thinking about it, I did once meet a couple of footballers. Used to work for Peter Thompson (ex Liverpool and England player) in his pub in Cumbria. Often had 'famous' visitors (some I'd never heard of at the time!), but I do remember Bruce Grobelaar and the attractive one who played for Man U at the time (early 80s - mention a few names, it'll come to me :oops: ) coming in for a few pints one evening. Also Max Bygraves, who was most put out that Peter wasn't in when he arrived and we refused to serve him as it was after hours!

As an England player, Peter had collected several caps which he displayed in the pub. When I first started work for him, I asked him why he had a display case full of scout caps! :oops::roll:

It was such a well kept secret, that when we were taken by coach they fooled us all by some very clever weaving in and out of the roads in Stratford, so much so, no-one could ever tell you where we went. I know Statford quite well, but I couldn't take you there.

It was Teletubby Land.

A very magical place. I met the teletubbies (and the people inside them - who now present CBeebies) and all the rabbits and the producers and writers and learnt about the pyschology behind the programme and how children learn from it. Very fasinating.

The BBC really know how to throw a party too.

I was invited at the time because I used to design Teletubby Pj's for Tesco's!

Not the tellytubbies! I love the tellytubbies! I didn't know that the people who present Cbeebies actually were the tellytubbies! :lol:

I only know that Puy (Poi?) the CBeebies presenter was Po, the red Teletubbie. Who were the others?

Not many claims to fame from me.....I've met Rolf Harris (and he drew me a Rolfaroo) and the actor that plays the man that owns the garage / funeral parlour in Heartbeat.

I spent an evening drinking in the same pub crawl group as Michael Elphick but I can't remember him being there - I don't think I recognised him and I had had far too many shandies too :roll::lol:

I met Prince Charles once and admitted that the main reason I was there to meet him was so I could get the day off school (well he did ask!)

I think that's about it :lol:

The Hubb,who is also a Biker Paola, replaced James Cracknells windows a couple of years ago.He is absolutly MASSIVE :shock:

I have met Steve Redgrave a few times,being in Henley it is sort of inevitable really 8)

[/color]

OH said that the rowers were massive also :shock: Does anybody remember Trevor and Simon who were childrens tv entertainers? Well OH taught Trevor to ride a bike also :roll: Nearly forgot OH has also had lunch with Valentino Rossi. Your OH might appreciate Sarah. OH also sold three bikes to Chris Eubank :D OH once had to get Nathalie Appleton to sign a scooter. While visiting a friends bike shop OH had a sarnie with Robert Plant 8) Lastly have also met Ray Winstone 8) again in the bike trade :D Not that I am boasting :oops:

Ooh Claims to fame!!

Joe and me went to see Rent the musical in London a few years back and one of the main character roles was played by Adam Rickett a few years before. This particular year it guest starred Caprice. Went out for a ciggie in the interval and who was outside with us - Adam Rickett - (who Joe adores :roll:) - we chatted a bit and he was really lovely and very short!

At the end of the night we then bumped into Caprice and said a few words to her and she too was lovely!

I've served Jamie Baulch, the athlete when I worked in an shop in Wales - his nan lived opposite the shop!

Spoke to Josie D'Arby a few weeks ago on the phone - for work purposes as I had to get her licence details to drive one of my cars for a programme she was making (and I shan't reveal her REAL surname! :wink:)

And does it count that H from Steps waved and smiled at me once? - (only cos I was near the front at the concert and I was doing all the dance moves

:oops:

There's been a few Welsh c list celebs too - Roy "Ooops, word censored!"le from BBC Radio Wales and have appeared on stage with Owen Money - Welsh comedian and another BBC Wales presenter. He has worked closely with my cousin Tina and we chatted for quite a while in the green room at a competition I once did in Neath. Think that's about it for me - but I do love going to Tina's house - on her hallway wall she has LOADS of pictures taken with so many people from the years she has been on the road!

:lol:

A

xx

I don't think thats something either of you should be admitting to, Martin and Andrew!!! :wink::lol: Though, have to say i do love 'its the way you make me feel'! :oops:

I've met Dennis Bergkamp, Tony Adams, Ray Rarlour and various other "Ooops, word censored!"nal players of the mid 1990's... Swoon...

Oh and the ex Archbishop of Canterbury (the one in the mid 80's - Whats his name?) squeezed my glow worm! :lol:

And on a more jealous note... My friend Sarah works in theatre up in London dressing actors/actresses and she is currently dressing Fiona Shaw (Aunt Petunia in Harry Potter) who is good friends with none other then COLIN FIRTH! (double swoon!) who Sarah met the other day when he came to see Fiona Shaw... :mrgreen: