chocchick

Gingernut may have eaten hairband

Hmm :oops: my hairband dropped out this morning and I forgot until I saw Katy trying to eat it. The last thing I saw of it, it was in a tube shape and in her beak. :shock: I've looked on the ground, but it is brown against brown. The first thing she did was chew on my similar brown shoelace when I went to look for it.

Do you think she'll be OK, IF she's eaten it? :? It's thick plain elastic.

Edited by Guest

Oh no what a silly chook, I am sure it will come out the other end fairly soon, just keep an eye out for strange looking poos.

My GNR is always eating things she shouldn't she ate a piece from a blue plastic peg a few weeks ago and it passed through pretty quick.

I hope katy is OK just hope it doesn't get stuck in her crop but I am sure she will be fine......

I had a whitestar that ate an inflated water balloon once, that the neighbours children had thrown over - it appeared out the other end after a while. :D

Well still none the wiser as to where my hair band is, but Katy's still running about which is a good sign. :roll:

Unfortunately she's developed a taste for hairbands and had to wrestle one off her after chasing her in circles round the garden, with the other chickens :oops: (who wanted the "worm"). She had it locked in her beak and it just kept stretching it as I pulled on it. Eventually I got it and she shook her feathers and went off in a sulk. :lol: