debratugwell

Crazy Chickens!!!

My girls have now settled in well (or so I think). Hubby conceded to a willow trellis fence around the back garden and they have been out every evening this week. In an effort to placate him about the amount of poo, I diligently hose anything away which remains when they've gone to bed - so far so good.

Everyone goes off to bed at the normal time but I'm having to keep a sharp eye on what they get up to. Swiper (who I just cannot catch to hold/stroke/cuddle at all has taken to launching herself right into the middle of my hydrangea and flattening it and they all peck away at the clematis.

Boots is a real character and actually very friendly. She comes right up to you, will let you stroke her and is relatively easy to pick up but she jumps up and pecks EVERYTHING including zips on coats, toggles hanging from jumpers and wouldn't leave the backs of my trousers alone yesterday - she's just crazy!!! I think they now see us as mere food providers so whenver a hand is near them, they peck. My 3 year old has been pecked by Boots a few times now and I keep trying to convince her that she is not being bitten and it doesn't really hurt - it's just a bit of a shock!!!!

Dora chases one of our cats who have shown no interest whatsoever in the chickens despite my worries of seeing them come through the cat flap with one in their mouths. Funny how things turn out!!!

Dora chases one of our cats who have shown no interest whatsoever in the chickens despite my worries of seeing them come through the cat flap with one in their mouths. Funny how things turn out!!!

Blimey, I'd hate to see the size of your cat flap!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Give up on hosing everything down nightly, you won't defeat the poo monsters!!!!