Mrs Frugal

Two new sections

I've been prompted by comments about the stickies to do something I meant to do ages ago and have made a couple of new sections at the bottom of the forum. "Announcements" now has all the information about get togethers and we can also put information about the various Omlet competitions etc in. "Special Forum Events" now has the Special Day topic, birthdays list and when it comes to attempts to break the forum number of people online record, we can have that there too as well as any parties.

What do you think? Is that OK?

The stickies in here were getting rather numerous and most of them were current so couldn't really be made into normal posts so it made sense to create a section for them.

If you don't like it, please do say and I'll move them all back again as that's no problem at all. If you can think of anything else which could be put in these sections or if we need any further ones adding, I'd love to hear from you.

If you can think of any better section names than Announcements and Special Forum Events, please shout! My brain has turned to turnips again!

I thought maybe keeping the Announcement section for get togethers and post get together natters and renaming is "Get Togethers". What do you think?

Any better suggestions for the Special Forum Events section? "Celebrations" perhaps?? "The Party Zone"?? I don't know :lol::lol: !

Sorry if I've offended you or anyone by discussing the website.

I see you've been doing some virtual Spring gardening with the website Kate 8)

I think get-togethers would be better than announcements.

It could have the posts of "is anyone going to this show, that event I'm going to" that are not meet-ups as such too.

Special forum events could be renamed announcements :oops::lol:

it could have birthdays, and announce newsletters that appear, and weddings/babies unless those come under the nesting box :?:( my brain hurts

have I got the wrong kind of announcements?

Where do announcements about new chicks, pets, eglu go then? :think::anxious:

Could I be cheeky and suggest another section.

Under chickens a faq section about chickens. then all the breeders/vets all the things you might be searching for could all be in one section as a lot of them are still stickys (and useful ones) just sitting there

OK an update.

The announcements section has been renamed "Get Togethers" and any information on meetings, either formally arranged ones like the Official Omlet Do or just ones where someone mentions they're going to a show and is anyone else going along can go in there. It's also the place for pre and post-get together chats and photographs from the days.

The special events section has been renamed "Celebrations" and anything celebratory can go in there - birthdays, parties, Christmas wishes, birth announcements, "Look at my new puppy" etc. Anything celebratory you want to share with everyone. Hope this will be a nice happy, fun filled section.

The Chicken FAQ is something the mods team will be working on to improve. At the moment, it's just filled with stickies from the Chicken section but we're aiming to make these stickies informative posts which will hopefully answer the most commonly asked questions. Give us time and we'll make this a worthwhile and useful section.

Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated as the forum is constantly evolving and all I need is input from you about what you'd like to see on it.

I know this isn't a new section, but you know the link at the bottom of the page that says "Omlet UK Forum Index" that takes you back to the index? Would it be possible to have this link at the top of the page too as i don't always go to the bottom of the page and you can't press the back button after you've posted, well you can but you have to click it 3 times to get back to the index.

Hope you understand my strange ramblings!

I can't do that, I'm afraid, HW as James has access to that part of the forum and I think he's probably too busy at the moment to ask but maybe once things calm down at Omlet HQ he might be able to sort that out and also reset the max number online record and correct the glitch!

With regard to the Hatching/chicks section idea, we don't think it would work on this forum as we only have a few members who actually have experience of hatching and it would be far better to ask questions on a poultry forum with more experienced members such as Practical Poultry. Having a dedicated hatching section with lots of posts about how wonderful it is to have little chicks may inspire people to go and incubate some eggs without any thought as to where these chicks will live once they are fully grown or if they turn out to be males. The moderators and I all agree that any posts regarding incubation or hatching under a broody would be better in the Chickens section instead. There is also Lesley and Claret's excellent sticky about hatching in there which points anyone thinking about chicks to ask questions on Practical Poultry or any of the other poultry sites where they can get expert advice.

I hope this makes sense to you all.