Minky

Proud Mother Hen.

howdy neighbour!

*waves over fence* :)

Went down to let them out this morning and we had strokes, they are such zen henz - I was expecting them to be far more freaked out at moving house and my big new mug leering in at them! Think Hilda is a wee bit slow tho, bless her - Maude toddled off to bed Horlicks in wing leaving Hilda pacing the run in a 'why me so alone?!' way.

I tempted her into the 'lu with sprouting beans, but as soon as I started walking away she followed back into the run, so I left her for 20 mins thinking 'ah well, she knows where to go now' - pff - had to lure her in again and shut the door quicksmart. Maude just glanced up at Hilda in a 'fool' kinda way as Hilda did a big plop in the nesting box, poor lamb.

Aww, bless. 8)

If they like to stay up late Minky, then don't wory about shutting the eglu door at night; so long as the run is secure they should be fine. That way, they can let themselves out early in the morning if they like, so you don't have to worry about that dawn rush down the garden in yer PJs and wellies :lol:

I only ever shut the eglu door at night if we are expecting sub-zero temps at night.

It was more that she was looking so folorn that Maude had gone off and left her (over protecting mumsey!) And I WANTED the dawn rush this morning . . .

*Minky hovers over Eglu all night, soon as sun hits horizion whips off eggport substituting "Heeeere's Johnny" for "MOOORNING! OOsmybeautifulgirlsden?!"*

. . . I'm sure this will wear off soon :lol:

Edited by Guest

:lol: I can just see it now Minks! It took ages for it to wear off with me :roll:

We got our hens a couple of summers ago and The Boy was staying over. I was up at dawn, down the garden in my babydolls and wellies to let them out and have a chat; went running back upstairs and jumped onthe bed... 'guess what???? We've got chooks!!!' I yelled at him. I shan't repeat his response on this polite, family forum.... :roll:

Ask Mel though if you see her around - she once went out in the dark naked to sort out her chooks - the security light came on......

sk Mel though if you see her around - she once went out in the dark naked to sort out her chooks - the security light came on......

:shock: Now THAT'S dedication! :lol:

I wouldn't risk mentally scarring my wee ones so early in our relationship to go out to 'em in the nuddy!

Plus my other half makes me wear a full length nightgown to bed.

And tights.

And a balaclava.

Bet that set the neighbours talking *tee hee*

A couple of years ago, in a hot summer, I was chainsawing up logs for the woodburner. Covered in sawdust, I decided that rather than having it dropping down between my clothes and my sweaty bod, I'd wear a bikini (garden too overlooked to go naked), so was happily sawing it up... ear defenders, chainsaw gloves, wellies and .... bikini, when Phil decided to drop by with his mate!!!!! :shock: How embarrassing! The mate (Chris) now refers to me as 'Chainsaw Chick' :roll::evil:

You'll find loads of stories like that on here :roll: