patsylabrador Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 I wondered what things make other people feel like a child again. Last night an angry woman phoned my number by mistake, looking for her errant daughter. She thought I was her daughter's friend and kept demanding where she was. Eventually, she believed that I was a complete stranger to her and her daughter. I didn't help the situation though by feeling guilty and stammering and mumbling. I really felt as though I was in trouble. I wouldn't want to be her daughter when she catches up with her. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 I get like that whenever I visit my daughters school or College It just feels like you will be in trouble,sneaking about the corridors on your own Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 When someone calls me Natasha instead of Tasha Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 Ooooooooooooo, & going through customs too - always feel guilty & try to put an innocent look on my face,which I am sure makes me look more guilty. Never would try anything on anyhow,as they scare me so.................. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 On the PTA in days of yore, the headmistress at the infant school made me feel like a little kid. Uncomfortable! I remembered how much I hated school. But she was like that with everybody - unless you were one of the menfolk and she was all schoolgirly crush over them and flirty - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! And when my mother says "oh you don't want to eat that you're fat enough" followed soon after with "you must eat something - you'll waste away" or words to that effect. For goodness sake mother stop bossing me around! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 Ooooooooooooo, & going through customs too - always feel guilty & try to put an innocent look on my face,which I am sure makes me look more guilty.Never would try anything on anyhow,as they scare me so.................. Me too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 When I was in my early 20's I got stopped & searched after a trip to Tenerife to visit my sister. It was utterly terrifying - I had the dry mouth,the sweaty forehead & everything. I got the 'is there anything sharp that can injure either you or me' & the 'did you leave the case unattended' speeches. They went through it all - my dirties (rather them than me),shook & tested my talc, scribbled my lipstick & sprayed my deo. It took a good hour or so - poor hubby was really worried by the arrivals gate where he was waiting for me! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 I get like that whenever I visit my daughters school or CollegeIt just feels like you will be in trouble,sneaking about the corridors on your own I work in a Primary school.....and sometimes the smell takes me right back...I'm outside the Head's Office...waiting to be punished ..again! When I see one of my Aunties..I turn into a teen again..I feel ignorant belligerent and standoffish. She has never liked me, and congratulated me on my 16th Birthday for managing to get to it without being pregnant. She equated my gothy/indie fashion sense and " alternative" lifestyle with....sleeping around. We rarely speak, and I'm 36! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 She sounds like a gem,Sari Much like my MIL,who upon being told of our engagement,asked when the baby was due Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 She sounds like a gem,SariMuch like my MIL,who upon being told of our engagement,asked when the baby was due Apparently my FiL much the same thing.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 Ooooooooooooo, & going through customs too - always feel guilty & try to put an innocent look on my face,which I am sure makes me look more guilty.Never would try anything on anyhow,as they scare me so.................. Me too I went to Brussels for a meeting recently and decided to take the car over on the ferry instead of flying, of the four times I crossed the French/English border my car was searched three times! they even tapped on the door panels and took the boot contents out, I've no idea what they were looking for but I was ready to confess by the third search!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 Gosh, do you think you've got a guilty expression, or is there a photo on Interpol that resembles you?! My former next-door neighbour was a lovely woman, but very intellectual. For some reason whenever I saw her I used to blurt out something inane and obvious ('Hello Linda! I'm just putting the bin out!) - I used to feel totally inept, and I still don't know why as she was never anything other than polite to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clur Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 She sounds like a gem,SariMuch like my MIL,who upon being told of our engagement,asked when the baby was due You're lucky - dad's first words to my OH was "are you sure? She's a bit of a handful' !!! For me it's when my mum asks if I need the loo before a long journey. No matter that I"m 36, have kids of my own and am rarely travelling in their car! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 Mine does similar things Clur Tucking in bra straps, checking that I have a clean hanky.... 'do put some lipstick on dear'. I am 47 and it still makes me feel like I am 7! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 I felt like a big kid when we went to Alton Towers last year. We all had the time of our lives, We had forgotten what unbridled fun was all about. I did feel wiped out for several days afterwards though, so did my OH. Loads of people thought that I was expecting when we decided to get married, because we had lived together for 5 years and arranged the wedding over a 6 week period. We had decided that we would like to try for a family and felt that it would be right to be married first, ED was born 11 months later. I still think that there are members of the family that think it was just a very long pregnancy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...