abwsco Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 Can anyone recommend some please. I normally buy fabby ones from Kiwi Sheepskins but they're just under £16 a pair now I want ones with loads of sheepskin on though. Ta Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 I have had them in the past for wellies as i have Raynauds syndrome, They were toasty but the do squidgy down quickly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 Funny, I was thinking about some of these for my eldest girls stocking,as she has permanently icy feet. Also saw some gorgeous UGG sheepskin gloves the other day............ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 Ooh sheepskin insoles I have Raynauds too and I have never heard of these. Off to investigate... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 21, 2010 Author Share Posted October 21, 2010 These are the ones I normally get to put into my sheepskin boots I bought from them. Mine last a full winter being worn everyday so I suppose it's not too bad cost wise. Celtic Sheepskin do them but I don't think they look as good Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 I suppose as a really cheap alternative you could buy an old sheepskin jacket/coat from a charity shop and cut some insole shapes out. They wouldn't have the foam backing but you'd get an awful lot of pairs for less than the price of one bought pair Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 21, 2010 Author Share Posted October 21, 2010 I suppose as a really cheap alternative you could buy an old sheepskin jacket/coat from a charity shop and cut some insole shapes out. They wouldn't have the foam backing but you'd get an awful lot of pairs for less than the price of one bought pair Hadn't thought of that but I remembered I'd got an email for 10% off with Kiwi so have used that as I know they're good quality insoles. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 Great idea Claire I have some ancient sheepskin insoles in my wellies - they are still going strong. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 Ooh sheepskin insoles I have Raynauds too and I have never heard of these. Off to investigate... I'm starting to suffer this week , I may have to invest in some more. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CatieB Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 Check out marlets too. I got some very cheaply last winter from my local market. Although they didn't look as fancy they were a fraction of the price and they all flatten quite quickly and can't be seen under foot Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 21, 2010 Author Share Posted October 21, 2010 Promo code for Kiwi is October Promo and you enter it in the Special Instructions part. Also, going OT but they're now offering extra wide calf boots in the thick soled design. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 ooooo great , Just need so nice warm gloves now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Promo code for Kiwi is October Promo and you enter it in the Special Instructions part. Also, going OT but they're now offering extra wide calf boots in the thick soled design. Thanks for that - I fell for their chunky soled mid calf boots,so bought those too No resolve,me....................... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 22, 2010 Author Share Posted October 22, 2010 Promo code for Kiwi is October Promo and you enter it in the Special Instructions part. Also, going OT but they're now offering extra wide calf boots in the thick soled design. Thanks for that - I fell for their chunky soled mid calf boots,so bought those too No resolve,me....................... I'm currently wearing my chunky soled lace up boots from them. Think it's the 3rd winter or could even be the 4th (time flies) and they're still looking good. My insoles have been shipped already. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 I'm very tempted by their musketeer style boots!! Keep putting them in my shopping basket but never see it through....Ii have until the end of the month before the voucher expires (they emailed it to me a week or so ago and I'm soooo tempted!!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Promo code for Kiwi is October Promo and you enter it in the Special Instructions part. Also, going OT but they're now offering extra wide calf boots in the thick soled design. Thanks for that - I fell for their chunky soled mid calf boots,so bought those too No resolve,me....................... I'm currently wearing my chunky soled lace up boots from them. Think it's the 3rd winter or could even be the 4th (time flies) and they're still looking good. My insoles have been shipped already. Anne,how are they on sizes? I did the foot measuring thing,and have ordered the appropriate size,but would love to hear which size you wear & your Uk size Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 22, 2010 Author Share Posted October 22, 2010 Anne,how are they on sizes?I did the foot measuring thing,and have ordered the appropriate size,but would love to hear which size you wear & your Uk size Sarah, I'm between a UK 5 and a 5 1/2 , depending on makes, so I got the US Mens 6 after having used their measuring guide. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Thanks I am a 6 - 6.5, so got a mens 8 (which is what I am in Crocs too) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 28, 2010 Author Share Posted October 28, 2010 Sarah, have you got them yet? My insoles arrived yesterday so I have lovely fluffy new ones in my slippers again I am easily pleased Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 No, nothing yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted October 29, 2010 Share Posted October 29, 2010 If you search Alpaca on ebay - there are some gorgeous slippers etc & I'm certain they do insoles too. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
little chickadee Posted October 29, 2010 Share Posted October 29, 2010 I love this company and have had short boots from them in the past. I get terribly cold feet, but never have a problem when I'm wearing these! I think I'm about to buy some of the lace up boots, esp after seeing the 10% code! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 29, 2010 Author Share Posted October 29, 2010 I love this company and have had short boots from them in the past. I get terribly cold feet, but never have a problem when I'm wearing these! I think I'm about to buy some of the lace up boots, esp after seeing the 10% code! I LOVE my lace up boots and someone came up to me in a shop yesterday to ask me where I'd got them from-lol I'm lusting after a black pair but already have three lots of sheepskin boots Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted October 30, 2010 Share Posted October 30, 2010 Oh heck, I just seem to have bought some musketeers in chocolate brown.....now how did that happen?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
little chickadee Posted October 31, 2010 Share Posted October 31, 2010 My lace up boots have just been shipped Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...