reneepren

flat panel radiant heater for cube

I purchased the smallest model of this flat panel radiant heater for my cube.

Don't turn it on unless it gets below 35 here in Arizona, but it is nice not to have to worry about fire hazards when I want to make the girls more comfortable. Combined with a plug in that activates it at 35 and turns it off at 45 it is nice. It comes with legs that let me lean it against the inside of the back of the cube.

http://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Radiant-Heater-Panel-Beige/product-reviews/B0013V39J4/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Renee PPPPPPGNRGNRGNR(Bluebelle)(Bluebelle)(Bluebelle)

what luxury...

I'm clearly a mean old chicken mum who leaves her poor little chooks in the new england winters without extra heat...

:wink:

I've actually been tracking the inside and outside temperatures of my !gored! and I'm amazed at how much heat they put out. They are consistently 10-12.F above outside temperature.

I have a super nerdy excel chart tracking it all - I'll post it soon...

I was trying to figure out how many chickens I needed to heat the swimming pool but then my husband threatened to leave me....

:D

what luxury...

I'm clearly a mean old chicken mum who leaves her poor little chooks in the new england winters without extra heat...

:wink:

I've actually been tracking the inside and outside temperatures of my !gored! and I'm amazed at how much heat they put out. They are consistently 10-12.F above outside temperature.

I have a super nerdy excel chart tracking it all - I'll post it soon...

I was trying to figure out how many chickens I needed to heat the swimming pool but then my husband threatened to leave me....

:D

:lol::lol:

Yes I know....I am a wuss. I wear a sweater if it's below 75F! My chickens are used to the heat here in summer too. Projection is a lovely thing! I have been getting 8 eggs most days from 9 hens with no added light. Likely the added occasional heat is not a factor but I like to spoil them!

Renee :dance: