Scotty

Are the rabbits normal?

I have a male and a female rabbit, The female got spade at 4 months old and my vet seemed to think it wasn't worth doing both of them. They are now doing what rabbits typically do!!! :shock: but although I understand why the boy rabbit is trying to mate with the girl.... CONSTANTLY! the girl also tries to mate with the boy, she sometimes tries to mount his head :? is this normal?

My experience is that spaying makes little difference - the vet said my male bun would stop mounting after 6 months - 6 years later he was still at it - now hes mateless - but hope to get a companion bun in the spring. He would mount her head :roll: it was er bizarre to say the least - try explaining that to a 9 yr old

It is very odd, she jumps on him, he jumps on her... I have noticed that the boy rabbit bites the girl, she's missing a massive chunk of fur from just above where her eyebrow might be,... if she had one! Its all very peculiar I hope it grows back. What with her missing toes from the fox attack and then a missing eyebrow... this poor lady bunny is exhausted! :roll: