Couperman

inconvenient convenient lever mechanism, possibly?

:? while impatiently waiting for our new purple cube I was looking on the omlet site at some pictures of it.

Is it just me or is that convenient lever mechanism used for raising the cube onto its wheels inconveniently located inside the run where you can't easily get at it?

Do you have to dismantle the run to operate it?

Are there any videos showing how this is acheived?

Couperman.

The Omlet site has this to say about the wheels:

Every eglu cube also comes with wheels so that you can effortlessly move it on your own around your garden. The special puncture-poof wheels are easy to operate using the lever mechanism to lift the eglu.

(I like the puncture-poof wheels.)

I must admit I can't see how it works. Tomorrow Kate will be able to tell us if it is all as easy as it sounds. Most of us will barely have room for the cube, let alone the chance to move it around!

This diagram looks as though the handle could be outside:

eglu_cube_dimensions_side_large.gif

thanks peeps

I think the photos on the website maybe just to show what it may look like, rather than the finished design.

I don't think such a good design team would miss a trick like that.

Kate, please let us know if my concerns are justified.

Regards,

Kev Couperman

I will be the same on Thursday. I won't find out the time until tomorrow, but it had better be first delivery.

Someone's avatar is indecently wide, don't you think? It will eventually push all the threads up against the right-hand side like this one!

Ooops I think that may have been my avatar! Sorry folks! Thanks to Kate for sorting it!

Has the cube arrived yet Kate? I noticed you were on here really early - so I bet you didn't sleep much.

What sort of new chooks will you get to go in it?

What a brilliant toy to play with on a day like this. I think I'd be tempted to go & sit in the run, to see what it feels like!!!! :wink:

Enjoy!

Emma.x

Someone's avatar is indecently wide, don't you think? It will eventually push all the threads up against the right-hand side like this one!

Why not PM them Gallina? - they may not have noticed - and may be able to alter it.

edit - sorry Kate, I hadn't seen your reply.