mollyripkim Posted March 3, 2011 Share Posted March 3, 2011 After a bad day these have really made me smile and yes have done many myself Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted March 4, 2011 Share Posted March 4, 2011 That you secretly bought eggs at the farm shop to prove the girls are laying. I think that tops all the posts on this subject don't you? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lolimac Posted March 30, 2011 Share Posted March 30, 2011 That the lovely pastry on his meat pie had previously been played tug of war with before it was cooked....because 2 of the girls wandered into the kitchen ,up onto the work top where i'd just finished rolling it out and turned my back for literally 2 seconds.... Yes i know it's not hygenic but that was 2weeks ago...Hey...We,ve survived.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted March 30, 2011 Share Posted March 30, 2011 well it was cooked. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chuckmum6 Posted March 30, 2011 Share Posted March 30, 2011 Was it chicken pie? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MammaT Posted March 30, 2011 Share Posted March 30, 2011 I daren't tell him that building a WIR is actually specifically for the purposes of getting more hens - and NOT specifically for the purpose of salvaging the garden grass... But I have managed to convince him that building the run was his idea all along so I can always blame him for the feathery extras. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 Dont wish to be rude but my OH aint that guillble - there is no way I could introduce more chucks or build aWIR without him smelling a rat. He is aware that when my girls come to the end of their laying lives I would like to get more hens. But it aint gonna happen. Any tips gratefully received Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lolimac Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 wear a sad face... works for me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 Erm....that flannel you used this morning, Dearest, accidentally got put in the human laundry pile, so was used to wash a hen's bottom yesterday. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 The real cost of anything that comes from Omlet. Oh yesssssssss. Though I suspect DH has had the odd sneaky look in the shop. Thank heavens he doesn't know where I get my bee stuff from. Morebee disease is MUCH more expensive than morehen disease Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 But I have managed to convince him that building the run was his idea all along so I can always blame him for the feathery extras. My DH is convinced now that getting a cockerel....my idea....was the best thing he ever thought of Me? I've got him now!!!! We have only five hens and the poor cock needs eight......or so I've read Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted March 31, 2011 Author Share Posted March 31, 2011 OSH - it's not the cockerel that needs 8 ladies, it's the ladies you've got who need a break so they dont have to tell him they've got a headache all the time!! position it as an animal welfare issue, I would Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 It probably sounds counter intuitive, but getting a cockerel, Alis girls, is something that just might make your OH think twice about keeping chooks longer. My OH loves our cockerel best of all and I know quite a few men whose interest in chicken keeping has suddenly increased when a cockerel arrives. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted March 31, 2011 Share Posted March 31, 2011 Oh dont get me wrong he loves them - talks to them and feeds them - just he can only cope with 3 and a cockerel would cause WW3 - not to mention the neighbours up in arms. I dream of the day if we ever move and have a bit of land - lotsa chucks running round Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...