Jules.

DOCTOR WHO!

It was quite strange going to church this morning. We have lots of Angels around the church, including a very special font which is a large angel holding a shell-like bowl. (Apparently there are 3 of these in the world!) We had a baptism too - and I was quite distracted by the angel!

I toyed with the idea of saying 'Don't blink' to people to see how many had watched it! :lol::lol: I'm going to copy it for our vicar, who loves the angels in our church, but doesn't watch Dr Who. He says the angels at church fly around when no-one's there - quite a spooky thing to say when he hadn't seen the programme! :lol:

Yes it was the bit at the end that got me too. Fortunately it went over Layla's head, otherwise there would have been nightmares all week.

She was fine until she realised the statues were moving closer - then she tipped herself towards me and we cuddled the rest of the way through.

It's true Shona

I think it's the christmas one, she is a BIG fan of DW, when we saw her show she did a Cyberman scene, which was ace

Jules has a pic of her in a book and she has been reading a DW book

On Sunday night I awoke at 3am (an owl on our roof woke me making a terrible row). Anyway, I was bosting for the loo and I wouldn't go because I was scared that there was going to be a stone angel on the landing. Serious!!! That has happened to me before with the remake of Amityville Horror (which saw me terrified to get up in the night for weeks) and other good ghost stuff, but DW has never made me scared to get out of bed in the night - particularly as a grown up!!!

Dan!! That's quite a confession. :shock::lol::lol::lol: You are very fortunate that you can still get so involved in programmes like this. :D:lol::lol:

Daniel wrote

But I did tune in to the fairies episode because it was written by P.J.Hammond of Sapphire and Steel fame and it really was so good - just like a modern S&S story.

That explains it. I used to love from behind the sofa Sapphire and Steel.

On Sunday night I awoke at 3am (an owl on our roof woke me making a terrible row). Anyway, I was bosting for the loo and I wouldn't go because I was scared that there was going to be a stone angel on the landing. Serious!!! That has happened to me before with the remake of Amityville Horror (which saw me terrified to get up in the night for weeks) and other good ghost stuff, but DW has never made me scared to get out of bed in the night - particularly as a grown up!!!

I just dont get up in the night! :oops:

Well I wasn't scared by it, but I can understand why people are. I would say I was more spooked than scared. It was certainly good and worth watching.

I get so stressed by all the unwatched programmes I have to catch up with! But it's much better now I have a hard-drive recorder. :D:D Hope you haven't recorded too much!

I get so stressed by all the unwatched programmes I have to catch up with! But it's much better now I have a hard-drive recorder. :D:D Hope you haven't recorded too much!

When we came home we only had 5% left on our hard drive & about 30 programmes recorded :lol:

We are ploughing away through them all, but when it comes to something like The Apprentice which has the final tonight,I think we will just have to skip them :roll::lol:

Just caught up with this thread, and with Saturday's episode. Scared the pants off our 6 year old (I'm such a bad Mum). :shock: She still has to be accompanied everywhere by her older sister. Won't ever get her into a cathedral or cemetery again!

This is Doctor Who as I remember it as a child - we'll need to rearrange our living room so everyone can get behind the sofa if this continues. The great thing about it is it's got us watching TV together on a Saturday night. (and David Tennant and John Barrowman are well worth watching - Sad woman that I am!)

:drool:

I agree! Saturday evenings are once again family viewing. I love it! My eldest (now 18) doesn't join us very often but the remaining 5 of us sit glued for the evening and it's really good to share that time together. :D:D