Chicken shack Posted December 12, 2011 Share Posted December 12, 2011 I don't know what others think but this years offers are quite dismal. Omlet are not giving much away. Sorry Omlet but I am disapointed. Last year everyone was quite excited and there was real bargains to be had and there was discusions on here about what might be on offer next. Perhaps Omlet are saving the best offers till last. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sammiboo Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 I agree, last year persuaded my OH to buy me a cube with their £100 off! It's all a bit pants and nothing of interest TBH Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 I'm afraid I'd have to agree - it's not worth looking at the offers this year. Last year they did "12 days of Christmas" so there were fewer offers, but largely they were for useful stuff ,mostly chicken related and generally really good offers ... this morning's offering however, was a thing to make patterns in your toast I rather think Omlet are simply trying to get rid of their overstocks of "mistakes"? Be interesting to know how much they've sold!? Sorry Omlet, but very disappointed here too ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 I rather think Omlet are simply trying to get rid of their overstocks of "mistakes"? Be interesting to know how much they've sold!?( Me too, I have stopped looking at the offer now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 (edited) Omlet also said they weren't going to email us everyday to remind us about the day's offer, but I'm getting daily emails ... I wonder if that's because "Ooops, word censored!"ody is bothering to look at the rather underwhelming offers Edited December 14, 2011 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
squiffs Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 I bought maybe the first offer? When I bought a few bits and bobs as little pressies, I got my youngest cousin the guiness book of records egg challenge set for something like £4, which was fine, as it meant I felt like I'd got free postage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 With the economy the way it is, businesses are as strapped as we are; so, my reasoning is,even if I don't take up the offer, its nice that they are still offering something - they're not obliged to offer anything. Wish my utility company would offer something in the Christmas Spirit ... maybe a day of free heating!? The offerings may feel like chicken feed (pun intended) but at least something is better than nothing in my book. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted December 14, 2011 Author Share Posted December 14, 2011 Missed opportunity IMO. Omlet have hiked up the prices this year and are offering items that can be purchased in most pound shops at a fraction of the price. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 With the economy the way it is, businesses are as strapped as we are; so, my reasoning is,even if I don't take up the offer, its nice that they are still offering something - they're not obliged to offer anything. Wish my utility company would offer something in the Christmas Spirit ... maybe a day of free heating!? The offerings may feel like chicken feed (pun intended) but at least something is better than nothing in my book. Completely agree that it's not obligatory to have a Christmas promotion, but if they do decide to do it, I think they should make it worthwhile to maximise the PR opportunity, as other's have said? Day 14 doesn't seem to work, but I don't think I'll worry about it ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 I can't see Day 14 either Nice of them to offer something ... not that I've been tempted to get anything yet! Hopefully will have a January sale with some better items like last year! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 I can't see Day 14 either Nice of them to offer something ... not that I've been tempted to get anything yet! There's obviously a glitch with today's but like you, there's not been anything to tempt me to buy yet! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 Day 14 is here: http://omlet.co.uk/files/public/2011ad/advent_calendar_offer_14_5001.html 30% of angel candles ... why do they even stock those?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted December 14, 2011 Author Share Posted December 14, 2011 Day 14 is here: http://omlet.co.uk/files/public/2011ad/advent_calendar_offer_14_5001.html 30% of angel candles ... why do they even stock those?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 Sorry Do wonder that about a few things in the shop though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted December 17, 2011 Share Posted December 17, 2011 Well I've succombed today - couldn't resist the cheap Marilyn apron! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted December 17, 2011 Author Share Posted December 17, 2011 (edited) Snowy I am disapointed with you. Edited December 17, 2011 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted December 17, 2011 Share Posted December 17, 2011 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted December 18, 2011 Author Share Posted December 18, 2011 Todays deal 'Pocket Guide to Wild Food' is cheaper from Amazon. Sorry Omlet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sammiboo Posted December 18, 2011 Share Posted December 18, 2011 ive stopped looking. I see the email but CBA looking. Its prescious time i wont get back.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted December 18, 2011 Author Share Posted December 18, 2011 ive stopped looking. I see the email but CBA looking. Its prescious time i wont get back.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spinning Top Posted December 18, 2011 Share Posted December 18, 2011 Todays deal 'Pocket Guide to Wild Food' is cheaper from Amazon. Sorry Omlet. ........and gets a rubbish review Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redhotchick Posted December 18, 2011 Share Posted December 18, 2011 Well I've succombed today - couldn't resist the cheap Marilyn apron! Snowy I am disapointed with you. Sorry Chicken Shack. I succumbed to the Marilyn Apron too Snowy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chuckmum6 Posted December 18, 2011 Share Posted December 18, 2011 Bah humbug, there is nothing on offer that tempts me to part with my hard earned cash, the offers have got to be better to prise my card from my purse! Not as exciting as last years offers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted December 18, 2011 Author Share Posted December 18, 2011 Well I've succombed today - couldn't resist the cheap Marilyn apron! Snowy I am disapointed with you. Sorry Chicken Shack. I succumbed to the Marilyn Apron too Snowy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chuckmum6 Posted December 19, 2011 Share Posted December 19, 2011 I bought today's offer for a £1 in Poundland, to fill up OH's stocking, no deal here! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...