AJuff Posted December 23, 2011 Share Posted December 23, 2011 I did a bit of late night wrapping in my bedroom and didn't clear away . . . the next morning I got out of bed in the dark and stepped on the sellotape dispenser jagged edges. Once in the bathroom I felt warm sticky fluid under my foot, turned on the light and saw a lot of blood. i'm a bit squeemish so i stuffed loo roll under my foot and put on a sock. When making tea a moment later I came over all queasy and dizzy so i had to lay down. I went back to bed and OH laughed when I told him. I made him inspect the damage as I wasn't sure whether I had severed one of my toes. he reassured me I had taken a large chunk of skin off and the cut was quite deep but my toe was still attached!!!! Moral of the story - clear away and keep tidy so accidents don't happen!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 23, 2011 Share Posted December 23, 2011 Oh heck! You definitely need to sit with the foot elevated for at least 2 days! Hope you soon feel better. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 23, 2011 Share Posted December 23, 2011 Ouch . Nothing for it but put your foot up and let everyone else dance attendance on you till New Year . Hope it heals soon, nothing worse than pain in your feet . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted December 23, 2011 Share Posted December 23, 2011 All the dangerous things that people do in the world and wrapping presents turns out to be one of them. What are the chances? Hope you don't have too much pain, I remember getting a sewing needle stuck in my foot during labour contractions with the twins (don't ask!) Very painful, having the boys was easy after that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted December 23, 2011 Share Posted December 23, 2011 oooh you cant cook with that foot! (as my gran would have said) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted December 24, 2011 Author Share Posted December 24, 2011 The cut is in an awkward place ust under my middle toes so as soon as I walk the wound reopens. I'm airinf my foot at every available opportunity as when wearing socks it turns into a sticky mess. The bleeding has now stopped!! But you are right, I can't cook with a foot like that!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickenNutter Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 Crikey, yes must keep your bedroom tidy or Santa wont come! He works to very strict Health and Safety rules these days! Hope your foot is better soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 Ouch! Christmas can be a dangerous time - one year my mum dropped the Christmas pudding (complete with bowl) on her foot. I'm afraid we thought it was hilarious and she didn't get much sympathy, until said foot went black and blue and swelled up! You definitely need to rest until, ooh, at least till Monday evening I think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 Must be a time of it, on Weds I broke my little finger and have torn a ligament. Following an A&E trip, I am going to have my finger bound up for at least 2 weeks. Have broken it to OH that he's doing the washing up over the festive season Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
percy049 Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 That story made me cringe! Hope it heals (no pun intended, it's a VERY bad joke anyway :L) quickly! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 Ouchie!!! Hope it heals speedily! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Parsley Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 "Crikey, yes must keep your bedroom tidy or Santa wont come! He works to very strict Health and Safety rules these days!" Don't you mean Elf and Safety Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted December 24, 2011 Share Posted December 24, 2011 "Crikey, yes must keep your bedroom tidy or Santa wont come! He works to very strict Health and Safety rules these days!" Don't you mean Elf and Safety Hope your foot heals quickly but only after you have been looked after for the next few days Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...