Hi All,

I'm ordering a cube on Friday :D but just wanted to ask a quick question about the fox proof skirt on the run from people that already have one. Does the run have to be on a completely flat surface?

Planning on putting the coop in the garden but the garden slopes slightly in places and just wanted to check.

Also does anyone have any advice on the best way to move the ladies into the Cube from their existing coop? Should I put then in during the day or pop them in at night so they wake in their new home? I've 5 little pekins, so its probably going to feel like a Palace to them :lol:

Matt

If the slope is even you'll be fine, if its a bit bumpy then some tent pegs will help keep the run down

If the garden is very undulating you may have to try to even things up a bit but in general the run skirt is quite forgiving so see how you get on when it first arrives

In a sloping garden be aware of how water run off may affect the run when it rains

I moved my girls out of their !goyellow! Into their new (cube purple) in the afternoon. They had a few hours to have a nose about before bedtime. They did need a leg up on the first night, and the first few mornings they jumpy flew out, but within a few days were up and down no problem.

They even laid their eggs in the nest box first go too.

I don't think it makes much difference how you introduce them to their new home - I suppose if you did it in the morning they'd have time to familiarise themselves :) . You might have to show them how to use the ladder though! I know some people put a plant pot or log at the bottom to encourage them to get onto the first rung.

Good luck with it :D .