joybelle

Has anyone tried mineral makeup

I am not so sure,but I have not tried BareMinerals.

I have found it hard to get just the right sort of pasty putty colour for my skin,truth be told. :lol:

I also product tested another brand & found it a bit drying on my skin.

A young girl at work wears Bare & she just puts heaps & heaps of it on - its too orange for her skin & looks truly terrible,but that is a good example on how NOT to wear mineral foundation,I think.

I am a big Garnier BBCream fan :D

I wear the Bare Minerals makeup everyday, and I love it!

I have terrible skin (being 16 and all that...!) and it's been really good for my skin :)

Easy to blend the colours too, if the standard colours aren't right for your skin - oh! and the concealer has SPF 15 in it too! Doesn't feel like you're wearing any makeup either, I usually hate wearing foundation because it's so heavy, this is really light - yay!

Err, yes, I think you can gather from all that that I like it! haha. you made a good choice! :D

I love it too. Go for a trial in Debenhams or the like, they show you how to apply correctly and it really is easy once you know.

Re the comment on coverage, if you apply it properly it looks fantastic. Just after I started using it I went to have my eyebrows done and the beautician commented on the flawless coverage. Believe me thats amazing as my skin is not great and I'm useless at make up! I dont look like an orange either and thats saying something as I am known to be pale and pasty naturally

I love it, I use Lily Lolo.

I`m going to get the brush from Lily Lolo, its cheapeer than the BareMinerals one

The Ultimate Kabuki brushes from Jayne here are fantastic and her service is fab.

I can't get on with BE or LL so use either Philosophy's airbrushed or Urban Decay as they both have a sponge applicator system. Oh, and BE can make some people itch as it contains bismuth if I remember correctly.

My daughter loves it...and it's ok for my mature skin too..(well no worse than anything else I've tried).... The DD had quite difficult skin and the Bare Minerals stuff doesn't seem to upset it at all..it's light, lovely and carefully applied not orange at all..she did go to Debenhams and have a trial ..I'd say give it a go :D

I use Everyday Minerals. I started with eyeshadow because something in regular shadow makes my eyelids irritated. I eventually switched over completely. The foundation is much easier to apply than liquid and feels so lightweight that I forget I'm wearing makeup. It can feel a bit powdery at first so I like to put it on after moisturizer.

I too like the Bare Minerals, doesn''t clog up in the wrinkles :?

The only thing I do find is it gets a bit messy on the dressing table, Don't know about anyone else, but I always manage to get the powder everywhere, because of that I use Clinique for work and save the Bare Minerals for when I am going out.

I have actually had comments on my make up when I have had it on, which I have never had before.

BareMinerals are doing 'make unders' & giving samples too

LINKY

I had my 'make under' today & very pleased I am with it too :D

It looks really natural,but still feels a little dry to me - maybe it just takes a bit of getting used to?

I got a sample pot to use for a few days,so will do so then see how I feel....the blusher they used on me is very nice.

Could well be tempted,as it would be fairly well priced with my John Lewis discount 8)