Seagazer

Got to pull myself together!

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, Sophie. It's a shock to lose someone so suddenly, never mind when they take their own life.

You're not alone - a close friend of ours, my younger daughter's godfather, took his own life in December. We're devastated and I'm finding it hard to move on. I still have regular 'moments'.

He leaves behind my friend and two kids, 17 and 11.

You need time to absorb the fact that your aunt took her own life plus the fact that she's now gone. And there's no timeframe for how long you 'should' grieve for. You need time to get over the shock never mind anything else.

It's okay to be upset. It's okay to cry. You're grieving and it's much more unhealthy not to do so.

The funeral will be difficult, they always are. But you'll get through it somehow. It's okay to be worried about that too.

But one of the important things to remember is that you will always have fond memories of your aunt. Those will never change. And you can keep those very much alive.

You're in my thoughts xx

BE kind to yourself - it's early days!

Go for that swim - I know it helps me - I used to swim until I could drop - it used to help me sleep!