Egluntyne

Crocs Edict.

Him Indoors is laughing his hat off because he absolutely hates Crocs.

An edict has gone round at his place of work, banning the wearing of them.

Apparently someone wearing a pair ran, fell and broke their arm, so the footwear has been blamed.

Idiotic.

If they had been wearing stout sensible lace ups at the time, would these have been banned?

I've asked him to bring a copy of the letter home but he keeps forgetting. :roll:

Are you sure he's telling the truth, as he can't produce the letter? :wink:

When Lauren first tripped and her her thumb, she wasn't wearing Crocs. Since she's been on crutches with her leg in plaster, she's been wearing nothing but Crocs :shock: .

On our frequent visits to the hospital over the last few weeks, so many people have been asking about Crocs and a couple of nurses have started wearing them. Lauren is usually left wearing just 1 Croc for a while, while the other one is passed around and tried on :lol:

On our frequent visits to the hospital over the last few weeks, so many people have been asking about Crocs and a couple of nurses have started wearing them. Lauren is usually left wearing just 1 Croc for a while, while the other one is passed around and tried on :lol:

My sister is a Nurse & says that heaps of them now wear Crocs.

If its safe enough for them to wear them, then I would imagine they are safe enough for anyone :wink::?:lol:

In Sweden, the hospitals have banned Crocs because of the static shocks they can produce. The shocks are interfering with the electronic gadgets apparently. :roll:

I get a shock when I get out of the car - and so do other people if they're wearing Crocs. I also get really big shocks off the vacuum cleaner. I'm scared to use it now! :)

UPDATE!!

Him Indoors announced that the powers that be at his place of work have had to back down somewhat because of the resulting furore.

The staff are now allowed to wear black or white Crocs only.....of what he described as the "non holey" variety.

They may wear black socks only....as fun socks had become a bit of a thing.

Miserable so and so's!

BOOOOOH!! Miserable so and so's. I wear my crocs at work in a hospital and I'm still surprised at the really positive comments I get about them from patients and staff.

A lot of our theatre techs wear them so they mustn't give off too much of a shock or the anaesthetic rooms would have all blown up by now! :shock:

I recommend them to lots of my patients, maybe I should be on commission from crocs :think:

Sarah

Im really surprised that the little cherubs at school arent pushing for crocs.

I have a display on my classroom wall with the crocs logo and lots of them ask me what the logo is for - its just wrong :shock:

one of the other teachers wears them, but I'd want pink or purple, and I dont think that the head would really let me :( not classed as professional enough.

so I just rebel at home (gonna buy some tomorrow - hmmmm what colour????? :lol: )

Hey Egluntine a week ago I would have agreed with your OH about crocs.......Then I tried some on, I cant believe how comfy they are :) im a convert lol

Mine now match our eglu :lol::oops:

Fab aren't they!

As a joke I bought Him Indoors some black ones yesterday.

They are like coal barges. (size 11!)......anyroadup........he tried them on to the accompaniment of snorts of derision from our youngest son, and he agreed that they were comfortable.

He still reckons that they have been made from car tyres, and that they look like what he calls "institution" shoes, but when I said I'd take them back, he said not to :shock: as he might wear them.......but not in public!

I never thought I'd see the day.

Will get him some yellow ones next. :lol:

As a joke I bought Him Indoors some black ones yesterday.

They are like coal barges. (size 11!)......anyroadup........he tried them on to the accompaniment of snorts of derision from our youngest son, and he agreed that they were comfortable.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, heeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol::lol::lol: