scubababe

2 Aylesbury ducks in cube run?

I was chatting to the owners of the small holding across the road. They think their Aylesbury ducks are starting to go broody & would like to provide somewhere they can nest & be safe.

They have recently re-housed some ex-bats who have taken over the duck house and are a bit worried that they may now build a nest in the hedge. We do get foxes around here so they do need to be kept secure and they would like to provide their own area.

They are being given a large rabbit hutch which will provide a nice house for them. If I lent them the cube run with extension and we secured it to the hutch would the ducks have enough room for them. They would be free-ranging every day as well?

Hope this makes sense :?

They should be ok as long as it is fox proof and they were locked in the hutch at night the more space you can give to ducks the better as they are so messy also if they go broody and sit on nests they would be better seperate just incase they try and kill each others babies but i have known two broodys to share one nest but never tried it myself leanne :)