Does anyone know what happened to the new Cube drinkers and feeders?

I am right in thinking that we were only supplied with Grub and Glugs whilst they wait for the new ones aren't I?

I hope that it doesn't get forgotten with the demand etc.

I am not even sure what they are supposed to be like, but did hear that you could plumb the drinker into a water sluppy.

I invented a new word! Lets hear it for water sluppies everywhere! :lol::lol:

Not had a dronk yit either. :lol:

Kev.

Yeh,

we fill both up daily. I think the Glug and Grubs are designed for Eglu's and therefore only two or three hens. We have six and they struggle to all get in at once. It's mad dash down the ladder to get there first when we let them out in the morning.

I think I might invest in a traditional type feeder and hang it from the run roof as it doesn't look the proper ones will be with us anytime soon. :roll:

Kev.

Maybe in the meantime they could send out another set of grub & glugs to you all so that your chooks don't run out of food on a daily basis? And.... all your girls get a fair chance of having something to eat? What do you think? Is that asking too much of Omlet?

I don't think there is a new feeder but I have the drinker. You can see it in the photo on my blog www.jaynetherapy.vox.com and the girls have just got the hang of it. I am leaving a glug in too as the bantams can't reach :D

Hope yours come out soon, I think they were just in 8)

Very heavy to lift when full by the way, so once in place best fill in situ I imagine

BBx

There was a new feeder to go with the Cube too (not that I have got it). The feeder and drinker were pictured together on the Omlet site when I ordered.

They seem to have disappeared now. So has all the information on the Cube, and most of the pictures. (How anyone finds out anything on that site I just don't know, as the links still take you round in circles instead of onwards and upwards. But I had better stop there: I got into trouble with this list last time I criticized the Omlet website.)

I did however find that you can now buy spare roosting bars for the cube: see this page.

I also found a "Run skirt - Pair" at £9.69. Could these be the two protective squares? I won't give the URL in case I am talking through my hat.

Back to the feeders and drinkers: if Omlet is listening, please help us Cube owners. I started off having to crawl into the run with five small feeders and drinkers, and am now down to four. It is a vile job, but I have chickens who squabble and I thought it would only be for a week or so. I have not bought a trough, because I have been expecting the new equipment to arrive at any time. I really, really need it, and so does everyone else with a Cube.

Luckily I already had two peanuts, two glugs and a grub, as well as a bucket type drinker for emergencies, but I would really like the new drinker as I have to fill EVERY day and yesterday I forgot and they were parched by the time I realised. :(

I would like my new drinker as I gave up on the glug and use a bottle. I'll need the bottle for my eglu soon so would like the drinker before I end up having to buy another bottle.

I guess now Buffie has one theyre getting somewhere theyre probably waiting for the other half before they start sending them out.

I keep phoning for the new drinker too.

I don't have a cube but really want tp get a couple of the nipple drinkers as I think they look a lot more sensible than the Glug.

Especially for my Bantams who have perpetualy damp heads from the Glug ,which when you have a big old feathery top-knot like my Poland,must be really uncomfortable :?

I also hope it will get less full of wood chip than the Glug, as its posistioned higher 8)

Every time I phone I get told it will be another couple of weeks............& obviously the new cube owners will quite rightly get theirs first,so I don't hold out too much hope of getting them soon.

I don't actually see why the new Cube owners should get the new feeder and drinker first. The only advantage is to Omlet, in that it saves them postage and the expense of the useless Glug and Grub they have given us.

I have been waiting nearly seven weeks (since 17 May) for the new feeder and drinker. I have to crawl into the Cube run almost every day to replace all the tiny feeders. I have also stopped bringing the food in at night because I can't bear crawling in when it is dark and raining, so I will probably get rats in the run again....

I keep thinking they will come any day so it is not worth buying a trough. I never dreamed it would be so long, and with hindsight I would have bought a trough on Day 1. Six chickens eat and drink massive amounts!

I've always had a pair of traditional drnker/feeders in each run as well as the glug/grub. They are the green and white plastic ones and only 2 or 3 pounds each. Its also worth keeping a pair for isolated/sick chickens, introductions etc.