SarahJo

Rectangle cake-pool, orienteering & now runway

:wink: Well almost time to make the 'orienteering" cake - like Lesley's Jake, ES wants sponge and icing - thinking of doing one white and one milk choc flavoured sponge, skim with fudge cake frosting to stick together - then ice as a field with trees and a river etc!!

I will have to make a little course - with dibber flags, but have ideas already for these - Dday 21st Jan so will update

:wink: Well almost time to make the 'orienteering" cake - like Lesley's Jake, ES wants sponge and icing - thinking of doing one white and one milk choc flavoured sponge, skim with fudge cake frosting to stick together - then ice as a field with trees and a river etc!!

I will have to make a little course - with dibber flags, but have ideas already for these - Dday 21st Jan so will update

Sarah - I made a cake for a rambler once and I covered the cake board with a photocopied OS map and then covered that with clear sticky backed plastic......... just an idea that might help.

:D Have finished the orienteering cake for Bens 13th tomorrow - he has to share with me though as I am also 21 again on the same day :lol: YS was a great help making the sponge cakes but a pest when it came to icing and decorating so he got evicted from the kitchen at the end :lol:

Have asked Lesley to upload pics from facebook - thanks in advance Lesley, and to all who made suggestions. I did find a lego man that looks quite like Ben, and made the cake band by covering paper strips in that book covering stuff. Mini compasses borrowed - dibber posts, should be triangles, but not to worry still made them the right way up :wink::lol:

Off to prepare the dinner now and a nice glass of red 8)