chicken bark

Is everyone getting a dog? - UPDATE!!!

I grew up with one, he was lovely, so many funny stories to tell, especially when he loved travel so much he would jump into the back of anyone's car, including the local Police car on one occasion! The only way to get him to come out was to drive for a few yards then open the car door, he thought he'd had his trip then :lol:

:lol: Brilliant. My step-dad had one in his youth (him not the dog) that would get on the circle bus on his own, do the whole route and then get off again. Bus drivers got to know him. Wouldn't be allowed nowadays. :whistle:

Sooooo I seem to now have a beautiful 8 month old rescue Whippet pup on my settee. I have no idea how she got there... :liar:

I saw her on a dog rescue site then called and visited and bought her home on the same day. A bit fast and not necessarily the best preparation the day before my children went back/started school but she is worth it. :D:dance::D

I shall post a photo when I can - off for a runaround now. :lol:

That's great! You won't regret it :)

Except that she has just given me heart failure by chasing one of my cats - luckily the cat seems unbothered and is in the same room as me and the dog. Hoping as she will be growing up with she will leave them alone in the house. Ah well, no one said it was going to be easy.

Lavenders_Blue I love whippets too. They are so sweet and attentive (just obviously as a sight hound don't make natural buddies with cats :? ) Going to get her and me booked into classes. Overall she is settling in really well and I am very proud of all my furry animal family. :)

Except that she has just given me heart failure by chasing one of my cats

:roll: These things happen. Tango chewed her way into our chicken run not long after we got her and killed one of the hens :( We have much better fencing now! Have lots and lots of fun with your new girl and keep us updated on how she is settling in (with photos of course, HINT HINT :lol: )

Gorgeous, gorgeous whippet, chickenbark :mrgreen: What is her name?

You'll be lucky!

You'll have to try her out at the lure racing in Peterborough in October... brilliant day out, or all weekend if you fancy staying over until Sunday. PM me if you want details and fancy a try or just to go and look/meet other pointy dogs.

DM is the lure racing just for hounds? I am really close to Peterborough and I am sure Tango would looooooove lure racing (but she's a mongrel, shhhhhhhhhhh).