chicken bark

Is everyone getting a dog? - UPDATE!!!

I take my eye off the ball for a couple of months and when I look back on here everyone is talking about puppies. I love it. :D I'd dearly love to be getting one myself but it probably won't happen.

I am spending some time at the open day at Dogs Trust Leeds tomorrow so maybe get a doggy fix that way. :dance:

Edited by Guest

I nearly got 1, 2 or 3 more :shock:

DD saw an advert on preloved for three labs, 2 silver and a chocolate, thought it was unusual and when she looked they were Millie's mother, sister and another lab the lady we got Millie from had. She is no longer able to cope with family life and dogs.

I couldn't think of them without a loving home so I contacted her and said if she was stuck and could not find homes we would take 1 or 2 or 3. She had a lady coming today who was interested in all three so hopefully that will work out if not she has my phone number from when we bought Millie as a puppy.

Puppies are great but so much work initially, I think more than a baby but they do grow up quicker :D

Chrissie

I grew up with dogs and cats so are used to having them around although I have never been the prime carer for a dog. I do have 3 young children though (youngest is 4) and although I am fortunate enough to not have to work I do wonder if a dog would be just too much. :? But then I can't think of a better time than getting a rescue dog and providing them with a family. :D

Puppies would be great but I think I am drawn to the older ones that people walk past in the shelters. Just look at my big brown eyes...

I

I couldn't think of them without a loving home so I contacted her and said if she was stuck and could not find homes we would take 1 or 2 or 3. She had a lady coming today who was interested in all three so hopefully that will work out if not she has my phone number from when we bought Millie as a puppy.

Chrissie

Are you sure you want that to work out? I bet now you are thinking about it you have already worked out how they would fit in. :) They sound lovely.

We can't have a dog :(

So...I've volunteered at the local animal rescue where I can go as many times a week as I want to go and do doggy things :D I can even borrow a dog for the day and take it out to the beach or for a long walk or something :dance:

Yay...commitment free dogs :D

They also have cats there. One of the cat jobs is to go and play with them :dance: I can do that :D

Cathy

X

Sounds great Cathy. When the children are at school in September I am going to volunteer at the local Dogs Trust. I could walk a dog on my own but I really wanted it to be a family thing which is why I'd like my own. But I think I shall just have to be satisfied with my lovely children, 4 cats and chickens.

Lots of rescues encourage part-time volunteer dog walkers, some like to have weekend boarding families too, where people don't want to foster full-time but are happy to offer a weekend home to one of the dogs; friends of mine do this for a local charity, they have one dog of their own and a regular flow of weekend playmates for Bella.

Had a really good day yesterday. I was looking after the cats :D

Tasks included...grooming and snuggling and cat conversation :lol:

There are some right characters, one escaped from his pen 3 times when I opened the door :oops: , I spent ages running up and down trying to get them back in :lol:

Think we are going back Friday. :D

Cathy

X

My Tanner is coming up to 9 months old and I blame Omleteers!!!! :liar:

It of course had nothing to do with me wanting a dog since I was little! :whistle:

Love him to bits and wouldn't be without him! :dance:

My Tanner is coming up to 9 months old and I blame Omleteers!!!! :liar:

It of course had nothing to do with me wanting a dog since I was little! :whistle:

Love him to bits and wouldn't be without him! :dance:

I bet he is quite a handful. :)

Omleteers are responsible for a lot of my purchases. They have not been wrong yet. :lol:

I grew up with one, he was lovely, so many funny stories to tell, especially when he loved travel so much he would jump into the back of anyone's car, including the local Police car on one occasion! The only way to get him to come out was to drive for a few yards then open the car door, he thought he'd had his trip then :lol: