Cinnamon

New piercing!

Got my nose pierced today,after months of dithering,today finally felt right,so I went & did it :lol:

I didn't even have a daughter with me to hold my hand,either!

It didn't hurt,just stinged really, & I am happy with it,although I am not sure work will be..........................

I have a retainer in it,as we are not allowed facial piercings at work,but its quite big still - I reckon if I just keep my head down,both literally & figuratively,they might not notice :think:

The most annoying thing is that I can't post about it too much of Facebook,in case anyone from work sees it :roll:

Well,I didn't think there was much to see,but The husband,who is renowned for his not seeing things,noticed it right away :roll:

Work might be interesting tonight.............plus I have my annual review on Saturday. I really should have thought this through better!

Got my nose pierced today

I reckon if I just keep my head down,both literally & figuratively,they might not notice :think:

I really should have thought this through better!

:lol: Sorry Sarah but this did make me laugh :lol: If I didn't know better I would swear it was written by a teenager :lol:

I think your OH is still working next door, shall I ask him what he thinks ? :lol:

I work at Waitrose,& although they are strict, some managers are just not bothered,while some are total harridens.

No one noticed tonight.......

Patricia,I felt like a teenager after it had been done!

Brian isn't bothered by it,but then again he is hurling himself out of a perfectly good airplane this weekend,so a little hole in my nose shouldn't be a problem really!

I think in this day & age it is terrible not to be accepted. I remember visiting an ex's parents who were very plain & boring. I used to remove it when I went there. This then caused me to forget to put it in, which then made it heal up! :evil: I have ended up having it pierced 4 times in total. One because of this, then to do with removing it for hygiene reasons in the mortuary / lab (work) & thirdly to do with my wedding ( Hindu). :roll:

Mine just has a tiny diamond in most of the time. I have a large set of different coloured ones off the tinternet.

Let's see it then Cinnamon!

Emma.x

I'm so behind on all of this - I still haven't got any piercings apart from normal ear ones done. I did bring up having my tragus pierced. A friend has a ring with a small bauble in the top bit of her ear which I quite like too.

I hope you don't get into trouble with it at work and I hope the hubby has a safe landing :D

Hope it is healing nicely 8)

I had mine pierced years ago and it has long since healed up as I kept having to take out it for various jobs and just got fed up and left it out. I did re pierce it once (yes, myself :roll: ) but not sure that I'd have it pierced again even though I really liked wearing a tiny stud and think they look pretty.....hmmm, or maybe I could.....!

Yay good for you!

I've had mine for 20 years now - a ring - and I never take it out, its just part of me and only occasionally do people notice / comment on it. Back when I had it done not many people had facial piercings and old ladies used to stop me in the street to tell me I'd ruined my face! I feel its just a form of self-expression - no different from hair and clothes choices that everyone makes all the time, and I've certainly never regretted it :)

Bringing up an old thread - well after months of dithering I had a helix piercing done today, it didn't hurt much at all, a bit of throbbing afterwards for about an hour and the bloke at the tattoo parlour was lovely. I'm going to go back when this has a chance to heal and have my tragus done and also a second piercing in one of my ear lobes (to even it up with the other one which was done in the 80's) :D

:lol: I have to say that while my tragus piercing wasn't painful to have done, I found it took a lot lot longer to heal than the earlobes, it was tender for months afterwards. I love it though, I don't change the stud all that often because it's a bit fiddly.

:D Well done Cinnamon. I got mine done ages ago. I used to work for Halifax Property Services as a Valuer. My line Manager said I was not allowed to have my nose pierced or the top of my ear. I got my ear done first and she was a bit snotty about it. I used to have to go into the two branches of the Halifax for meetings and while I was there I noticed a couple of Asian Girls working on the counter. Both had nose piercings. That was my ammo - I calmly went back and told my manager that it was discrimination as the Asian girls were allowed to have them. I said if I wasnt allowed to get my nose pierced then I would take the matter to the Union. She backed down immediately.

Don't know if there are any Asian girls where you work but if so then its worth a try. Good luck

He he....look at all of us sticking it to the man!

I love my nose piercing & my Tragus too. I have diamonds ...very tiny ones....set in platinum on both of them,from Body Matters Gold. It's not as expensive as you may think,especially if you have the Tragus pushed into a plastic bit. They are also easy to fit & very secure once in.

The reaction from my family has been funny, my DD thinks I'm crazy, in a good way, she's now thinking of having it done. My two boys were not impressed at all. My OH on the other hand loves it and was trying to get me to have the tragus done there and then too. :roll:

We had taken our cat to the vets last Friday and the lovely vet had a very small sparkly red stud in her nose and when she went out of the room, hubby said, ooh you could have that done! I really don't need any attention drawn to my nose so I think the nose stud isn't for me, although it did look lovely on the vet. :D

I shall be looking on-line for some jewellery today. Can anyone recommend any other good places (Cinnamon I shall have a look at the diamond one).

I have a big old conk,but I thought I would do the nose thing anyhow - I think you need a face with strong features to pull it off.

Yes,do look at BMG - they are great....all made to measure & order.

I also use The Body Piercing Shop, online for cheaper pieces,but I did want a proper diamond for my piercings,which is why I went to BMG. They do semi-precious stones too - I also have a gorgeous sapphire for my Tragus 8)