Ducks are awfully nice beings. Like dogs they are nicer than humans whereas like apes, chickens are similar to humans - a tad nasty but funny too :lol:

I'm getting a wee call duck. I already have a boy and a girl and this one will be another girly to 'spread the load' when spring comes :wink:

OH says he wants a ducky ie non human sort of name or an old time name and inspiration has left me :think:

I have

Buttons as in chocolate for my brown indian runner girl

Daisy white indian runner

Big bird for my rather large white indian runner drake

Pepper a khaki i rescued along with salt who died

Shortie a khaki that has quite a small body

Quack quack a khaki but she has the loudest mouth out of all the ducks but is quiet at the moment because she is sat on eggs leanne :)

Lovely suggestions everyone. Many thanks :D The one I just can't resist is 'Puddle' as it really makes me laugh :lol:

I was touched counturchickens that you notice my D(day) chicken naming theme . . . but ducks just have to have a non chicken identity, I think. If I was starting again I'd probably have Cs for chickens and Ds for ducks :think:

When I first introduced the ducks to my banties the ducks were a bit scared of the chickens, then the ducks got the upper hand and the chickens kept out of their way (I think they were a bit scared of the quacking) but now they all get along just fine. One of my Polands, in fact, spends more time with the ducks than the chickens and loves to perch on the log that is in the middle of the duck bath while they swim round her. :D