Chortle Chook

A duck who thought she was a chicken

I have a little Call duck called Puddle who was hatched under a broody Pekin hen and then lived in amongst the chickens. I swear she thinks she is one. She particularly loves our Silkie cockerel and follows him everywhere. When he points out yummies to his girls she mimicks him. None of them seem to mind and everyone has just accepted her. Here she is with her special friends

DuckPuddlewithchickens_16-10-12.jpgDuckPuddlewithDollyDill_16-10-12.jpg

The trouble is, she never even went on the pond of her own free will. I used to have to put her there but she would be off like a shot as soon as I turned my back. :roll: Aside from this, all is well till the end of the day when the chickens all troup up into their little house

Chickencoop_30-04-12-1.jpg

She can't manage the steps and sits at the bottom crying and crying :(

So yesterday I went back to her original owner and came back with her brother. I swear it was immediate recognition

DucksPuddleSplashonpatio_16-10-12.jpg

And now he has at last got her onto the pond without me having to put her there :dance:

DucksPuddleSplash_16-10-12.jpg

Aw you're going to make me cry. What is brother's name? :D

Brother's name is 'Splash'. They have just gone off into their little duck house together happy as Larry. :D As they are related I won't let any of the eggs hatch out but I am so glad that Puddle has a friend and pleased my chickens are ready to welcome Splash into the nutty fold too :lol: