Nikipins

Norovirus

After reading your comments about public places especially supermarkets I went to Waitrose in my new CBRN suit. It was a bit difficult to see, breathe or indeed pick up anything and I think I knocked over a couple of old ladies but I should be safe. Merry Christmas. :twisted::lol::wink:

Brilliant, nearly spat my tea out :lol::lol:

We have all had this on the 8th November to the 12th. No warning, no nausea just sudden onset vomitting , and not being able to move your head without dire consequences. It is a horrid bug . Just for a change i got it and then the grandchildren , then my DD and SIL , we went down like a ton of bricks . Felt off colour for over a week.

Not nice.

FIL was ill with it yesterday and day before. He was obviously getting bored because he made it to us today as planned. Afraid I wouldn't let him prepare his own lunch but asked ES to make him a sandwich. I explained it's highly contagious but I think he was a bit offended...

We have 12 for Christmas lunch I really don't want to go down with this...

Sounds like he just had the D & V bug that's also going around

That's a relief, I thought he'd maybe had a milder version and we could still get the full blown NV. I didn't realise there were two doing the rounds. I'll still not let him handle food I think, he was on my list to do veg peeling so he gets off that :lol:

Thank-you!!!

Sounds like he just had the D & V bug that's also going around

That's a relief, I thought he'd maybe had a milder version and we could still get the full blown NV. I didn't realise there were two doing the rounds. I'll still not let him handle food I think, he was on my list to do veg peeling so he gets off that :lol:

Thank-you!!!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Patricia. There's also a bug going around here where you just feel sick all the time for a couple of days. Sure it's to do with not having long enough cold spells to kill all germs.

Well eldest dd arrived home from brief trip out announced she felt sick and promptly vomited on the living room carpet! I have also been dealing with hubby with man flu as posted on a previous thread and I have been close to murdering him in the last couple of days.

I could see Christmas descending in to chaos, but that was it one vomit a couple of hours rest and she was up demanding to be fed, ate her body weight in snacks and roast dinner and seems fine, so I guess not noro virus just some random occurrence thank goodness. :whistle: