abwsco Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 but not for a job it's for membership of one of our local golf clubs. If anyone had said to me in July last year that I'd pick up a golf club never mind join one with DH I'd have PMSL Only problem is that I'm going to have to clothes shopping for "proper" clothes if we're going to make use of the clubhouse facilities and I hate clothes shopping. Haven't even got smart work clothes I could wear as I wear jeans in the office. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 Must be some posh club for you to have an interview! Id never get in to anything like that as i am to much like Miranda Hart. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 OOh me too - big feet, big gob and thats it said the wrong thing. Good luck - job interviews are bad enough without interviews for clubs - braver girl than me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 Good luck! Do you have practise name-dropping? "Oh the Simpson-Smythe-Fortesques, they are dear, dear friends" Hope you find something suitable to wear x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 Walk in & say "Sod the golf, tell me about the golfhouse facilities?" I don't think they'll be inviting me to join anytime soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 Walk in & say "Sod the golf, tell me about the golfhouse facilities?" I don't think they'll be inviting me to join anytime soon! Me neither! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 Good luck However don't think I'd even get thro' the door Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted January 8, 2013 Share Posted January 8, 2013 I would have to go off roading in one of those golf carts! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted January 8, 2013 Author Share Posted January 8, 2013 Good luck! Do you have practise name-dropping? "Oh the Simpson-Smythe-Fortesques, they are dear, dear friends" Hope you find something suitable to wear x How did you know they were proposing us Found some smart trousers and a shirt buried in wardrobe thank goodness. Must admit the temptation to go mad in a golf buggy has been there ever since I first went on the course with DH. Will ahve to control myself-lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted January 9, 2013 Share Posted January 9, 2013 Might be worth asking re eye candy and if you have to wear the Rupert bear type check trousers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted January 9, 2013 Author Share Posted January 9, 2013 Might be worth asking re eye candy and if you have to wear the Rupert bear type check trousers Have already spotted some eyecandy when I've been on the practice ground Just getting ready, put on shirt and it's loads of buttons missing so am using safety pins DH reckons you can't tell there's buttons missing thank gooodness. Now to find some heels to wear You'd never think I used to dress up to the nines all the time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted January 9, 2013 Share Posted January 9, 2013 Good luck! Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted January 12, 2013 Author Share Posted January 12, 2013 Good luck! Chrissie Hadn't seen this before Chrissie Was mainly an informal chat with a few luaghs as well so not bad at all. Anyway, letter has arrived this morning saying we've been accepted subject to full council approval. Names are up on the baord for members to see but all being well we'll be official members from the 1st Feb Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted January 12, 2013 Share Posted January 12, 2013 That's good to hear! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted January 12, 2013 Share Posted January 12, 2013 Congratulations . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted January 12, 2013 Share Posted January 12, 2013 Well done Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...