CatieB Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 Tonight we have a very rare evening alone as our son is going for a sleep over. It's very unusual as we live in a rural location with no family near by hence a lack of baby sitters. How sad is this, we are so out of practice we can't think what to do. DH suggested him cooking a nice meal in but we can do that anytime. A meal out seems a bit obvious and there is nowhere too great near here. We have thought cinema or driving to the coast, about an hour away to have fish and chips in the cold night air! I'm sure you can give us far better suggestions. Anyone? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 I would definitely get out of the house. Are there any nice cheap little B & Bs near the coast that you can stay in for the night? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CatieB Posted February 9, 2013 Author Share Posted February 9, 2013 We would love to go away but have to come back as we have a dog. Thanks for the suggestion Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 I like the idea of fish and chips in the cold night air, with a bit of a walk too! If you take a flask you can have a cup of tea and sit in the car if it is too cold. We go out regularly for the day and take a picnic, and just enjoy whatever countryside or village we come across. Sort of magical mystery tours Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 I am sold on the fish and chips by the sea! Sounds a wonderful idea. I too would take a flask of something warming. Enjoy your night out together Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
charly1979 Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 Fish and Chips sounds good to me too ! Have fun whatever you do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 I like the idea of fish and chips in the cold night air, with a bit of a walk too! If you take a flask you can have a cup of tea and sit in the car if it is too cold. We go out regularly for the day and take a picnic, and just enjoy whatever countryside or village we come across. Sort of magical mystery tours Sounds perfect. Maybe the dog can go too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 I don't think it would be appropriate to say on this site. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 I don't think it would be appropriate to say on this site. Oh really? Why's that, then? Have to admit that, if this was us, I'd probably have got the paint charts out and re done the sitting room - bit sad, really Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted February 9, 2013 Share Posted February 9, 2013 Hope you have a lovely evening, whatever you decide! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freddie Posted February 10, 2013 Share Posted February 10, 2013 I'm painting!! We've stripped.... the plaster off the walls,and the ceiling, replastered,rewired, and now it's sanding, painting, sanding, painting, etc etc, ... and the ceiling (I hate ceilings) Got to finish hand stripping the painted edges of the floor, fit the new wooden window sill, made from an old wooden table, (that's been stripped, varnished umpteen times, ready, ).. I'm knackered!! Certainly dont need the gym. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...