Milly

Soggy hens - advice please

Can a more experienced omleteer give advice about dealing with wet hens? Mine have been in the run under their shower curtain, but the driving rain has got them rather wet and shows no sign of letting up for another couple of hours .

Should I leave them to dry out or is there anything I should do? They are just going to get wet again if I dry them now. At least it's high summer so it's not too cold :roll:

Milly

They'll be fine so don't worry too much. As long as they have somewhere to shelter when the rain is at its heaviest, you don't need to do anything as their feathers are waterproof. Mine are looking pretty miserable but they choose to stand in the middle of the garden rather than use their run with a roof :roll: . The Eglu is nice and cosy and they'll dry out overnight. It's well ventilated so they should dry out quickly.

Hi i got home this afternoon to find my lovely lot (pig,money penny widget and ugly betty looking rather sorry for themselves.The garden seem to have had a bit of a flood i just moved the run nearer the house and they seem fine.

javascript:emoticon(':D')javascript:emoticon(':D') I've given them some treats which they have enjoyed and have happily gone to bed.

Your chooks will be fine.

They have gone to bed as usual, it will be quite steamy in the eglu!

Luckily we are above any flood water, but the grass is squelchy and the eglu will need moving when it gets light enough to see.

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

Milly