soapdragon

Am I being mean? Advice please!! UPDATE

I have now finished with the PTA - but could write a book about the back stabbing, fun, laughter and tears we had. My friend was chair and we used to have such a laugh mucking about getting stuff ready for the fete. Occasionally help out at old primary school. Gave up after the secondary school Christmas fayre - one of the mums dissed our grotto - me and a friend were elves and worked hard buildin a grotto from a gazebo. This woman was one of these who a little power went to her head. Never again. Good luck Soapdragon. xx

I spoke to 'PTA' mum in the playground this afternoon and said that, having OK'd it with the hotel, I was going to give the voucher to the staff room. She seemed irritated ( :eh: ) and said with a shrug that it wasn't really anything to do with her as she is not actually a member (I had thought she was; her OH is chair and she attends most meetings, often doing the minutes.) She said I'd need (need :shameonu: ) to speak to the treasurer and turned away. I told her I was only being polite in keeping her informed as she had been the one who had organised the voucher! Grrr!

Then I beetled off to speak to the treasurer who was collecting her two and told her that I'd checked with the hotel, they were happy and I was passing it on, that was OK, wasn't it? She agreed it was fine but suggested I talk to 1st mum who had arranged it :twisted: so I said I HAD and was going to pass it on!

I have a meeting with the Head tomorrow and will do just that but explain clearly that dinner needs to be taken into account too! Whoever said, earlier in this thread, that 1st mum was just trying to get the voucher back was, IMO, correct!

Thanks for the advice, comments and input everyone! Next time they have an event I'll just make a cake!

I spoke to 'PTA' mum in the playground this afternoon and said that, having OK'd it with the hotel, I was going to give the voucher to the staff room. She seemed irritated ( :eh: ) and said with a shrug that it wasn't really anything to do with her as she is not actually a member (I had thought she was; her OH is chair and she attends most meetings, often doing the minutes.) She said I'd need (need :shameonu: ) to speak to the treasurer and turned away.

Ummm. Dodgy. How comes she didn't say that the first time?

Given the hotels response I think you should give it to whoever you want, friend family whoever. Well done for making more enquiries.