bluekarin

Disappearing credit on my YDs phone

My daughters mobile phone keeps using up all her credit despite the fact she makes no actual phone calls. When she wants to contact us she rings and hangs up then does the same again and we phone her back. I have checked her calls made so I know this is the case. It's not the best phone so doesn't have the ability to download anything that would cost money like apps. I have searched Orange as its their Just Talk plan pay as you go and can't get any joy. I am thinking of taking the phone into the shop and see if they can help, but wondered if anyone on here might have any suggestions before I do so. Cheers me dears :D

If she has ever contacted or been contacted by certain phone companies, they can phone her & use her credit.

It happened to my daughter & I think to Clare's too, if I remember.

Phone your contract provider - they will be able to tell you where her credit is disappearing to, & block these calls from getting through to her.

Likewise, if she has bought ringtones or some apps, the same can happen - its VERY annoying & I think should be banned.

I think Cinnamon's suggestion of having previously downloaded a ring tone is likely.

It often involves agreeing to a subscription, which may be getting debited from your daughters credit.

As Cinnamon said, ring your service provider.

Also your daughter may be too young to have entered into such an agreement.

My youngest used up loads of credit replying to text adverts, he texted the three times 'stop texting me' it cost us £2 a text! He is now on a monthly plan at £6pm and has unlimited texts, it has worked out cheaper and he never runs out of credit - his phone is frequently out of charge though :wall: