I heard this from a friend last night who has heard this from a number of sources, so we believe it to be true.

Apparently 2 blokes in a white van have been stopping when they see a lone dog walker and letting their fighting dogs out to attack the walking dog "for fighting practice" :shock: .

This has apparently happened on the dog walk OH takes Riley every morning and also about half a mile up the road from us :( . I've no idea what the outcome has been but these scumbags haven't been caught yet :? .

What a terrifying experience that must be, for dog and owner :( .

Sadly this does happen in some communities :evil: the rescue Cyrus came from reckoned that he'd been used as a bait dog.

There have been two incidents hereabouts where dogs have been stolen (men in white vans again) from lone female, or junior dog walkers. Whilst no-one like that would stand a chance of getting near me with Ruby on her guard, I am wary and I'd counsel your OH to make sure he has his phone and a sturdy stick with him when he goes out.

Take care and call the police immediately if you see anything suspicious.

That is awful, especially if it is done deliberately.

On Monday at the park our canoe club is based in, a small dog was killed by two staff type dogs. I don't know if this was a deliberate attack (as in ANH's post) or just a horrible tragic 'accident'. I do know that when I've been walking Cooks in the park she has been chased by two staffs but I couldn't say for sure that its the same one. (Don't know how to do the link thing to the story in the paper). Its so horrible to think of the poor little dog and its owner.

I would like to add that I have nothing against staffs either - my last dog was a staff cross.