iar fach goch

ipod advice

As I may have previously mentioned, I don't do technology, have no interest in the latest phones and gadgets etc. MS has been wanting an ipod for a while but I have refused until now. It is his birthday in a couple of weeks and OH feels he has waited long enough for what he wants and says we should buy him one. For me, it is an expensive item, but compared to a football kit which he has suggested instead, it seems better value! Have had a quick look on the internet; he is after an ipod touch, budget will not stretch to a 5th generation, anyone have any experience of 4th generation? 16GB? All advice desperately and gratefully received!!!

:oops:(ps what does an ipod do?") :oops:

An iPod touch is basically an iPhone without the phone bit. And iPod is a music and video player. My daughter has a 4th gen one and it is brill! We bought it new, just before they replaced them with small square ones, which I do not like. You can buy them on ebay, sometimes for good prices, so have a look :D

I have a 4th generation ipod, and as Karin has said, it is a phone without the phone part. It has wifi, so can be used much like a mini tablet computer. Do be aware that he can access the internet on it, which you may not want if he is a youngster.

Tunes and applications (apps) can be downloaded from the itunes store, and the safest way fro him to do this would be to by pre-charge itunes cards from a supermarket for when he's purchasing tunes or apps that aren't free.

Both my older boys have an iPod Touch,although we have replaced Oliver's with a cheaper android tablet as he smashed the screen.

We've hidden the Safari app, so they can't access the Internet. The App Store is also password protected so he can look at the apps, but can't buy anything himself.

They mostly watch children's programmes on iplayer or play games, Minecraft being the favourite at the moment. We took YouTube off as I couldn't monitor what they were watching all the time.