I realise why I may have an excuse for not realising this before - I live in an area where we have had several years of hose pipe bans. But then, I think, cleaning out animals may be an exception. I must check for the future. I don't think we'll have a problem this year!

My excuse for it taking 6 years to sort out :roll: is that we have no outside tap. So, I bought a connector for the kitchen tap, (potential for serious malfunction I know), attached the existing 25m hose to reach the end of the garden, bought another 50m hose and connected that to the end to reach through the garage, across the drive, through the fence, across the allotment and into the chicken run :D

Should the connector slip off the tap, we will have a very wet kitchen by the time I get there to sort it out!

:lol: Cleaning animals is an exception but check the website for your water authority.

I have a hose that will reach the end of the garden, because in very dry weather I need it to water the veg patch, but I usually move the Eglu nearer to the hosepipe anyway so I can wash it on the lawn. I've only recently moved over to using the power washer though, and it is 8)

I now have an outside tap with a cockerel head on it, a hose, a well (very old house) and a pump that will extract water from said well. Last month I spent all my Nectar pointson a jet wash. I too cannot believe how much easier it makes life any why oh why I didn't do it about 3 years ago!! :lol:

Power washer is the way to go fantastic..mind you this winter it froze, just shows how cold it was and my did I have a huge tantrum ( well im only 54 ) :lol:

But even better is...

A hot water outside tap and a butler sink. thats what OH did for my Christmas present a few years ago, have so much stuff so when he asked what I wanted I asked for this.

Make life so much easier in a chicken household.