bluekarin

GCSE Results Day!

Yes I'm glad ES has a trade, he's worked hard for it. He went to 6th form but his heart wasn't in it and he left and got his apprenticeship. He loved the idea of uni but knew it wouldn't be right for him. YS currently wants to be a teacher - it was his geography teacher who got him into canoe polo and you need to have the summer 'off' for tournaments! As always subject to change though dependent on his grades when the time comes.

Chuckymama, this is truly awful. You must all be so frustrated, any news :?: I guess someon@s head will roll but this doesn't help all the young people needing to know their results. Hoping for a speedy resolution. Ax
Not a dicky bird :twisted: Typical it is a Bank Holiday weekend so we won't hear anything until at least Tuesday despite being told twice results were pending. At least YS knows he has passed whereas there are students that at the moment have failed :( It is a big thing given that they have put so much hard work doing a language in half the standard time. I am beyond cross now.

This really is appallingly negligent chuckymama. :twisted: The only explanation which comes to mind is that the exam papers were lost en route from the exam centre - school/college - to where ever the examiners picked them up, I would guess a central point. Could they have been left in whatever vehicle was used to transport them from the school/ college. This is the only explanation for the whole class being marked absent. My guess is that the exam papers are still bundled up together, lying somewhere. So many weeks have passed, its almost inconceivable but makes you think there has been a cover up.

Fabulous news Chucky Mama :clap:

Can I add in my proud mummy piece? Today my DD found out that she's passed her last exam to become a fully fledged Chartered Accountant :D:dance::clap: She has now, at the age of 25 and 11 months finally finished with exams - hooray! She's off to Amsterdam on secondment for 6 months on Sunday :D

Congratulations on everyone's results and good luck in the following year. My brother only took one exam this year (he's in year 10) and got a C, but he seems happy with that, especially with everything that has happened this year.

I've just had my results back from my first year of uni. I've spent most of my holidays up in Glasgow revising and doing my exams late as I missed the original set after my Dad died. I've passed them all, and other than one small module I did very well so I'm very happy :) Mostly I'm looking forward to starting afresh next year, although that's only two weeks away!

YS got his results today - A in physics, to go with his A* in Chemistry and A in Biology so an A in Core Science overall. B in Maths. I'm a happy mama - especially as he was only in Year 10 :D:dance:

He's requested Chinese takeaway as a present for doing well so a win all round - no cooking for me :D