bluekarin

GCSE Results Day!

It finally arrived and I am incredibly proud of my ED who got 6As and 6A*s :D This is more incredible as she has a chronic pain condition and missed a lot of school, never mind the fact of being in pain 24 7. Now signed up for A Levels, so we will have this worry all over again in two years :lol:

Hope everyone got what they were hoping for and are happy with what they got.

Can someone explain how the system works now as it's very different from how I remember?

Rosie collected her end of year one GCSE science results today; I admit to being slightly confused as the whole system is different now, but she got 3 x A* and 2 x A grades, which is really good.

I am delighted and have offered to take her out to dinner on Saturday night.

Well done everyone, great results. We have had an interesting day :roll: YS did his GCSE French a year early studying over 1 year instead of 2. He went it to get his results today (expecting an A or A*). He got a C and the teacher looked at him with a weird expression. He looked down the results to see that he was given a 0 for his last paper :? It turns out that their whole class was marked 'absent' for that paper :shock: So - he has a C with only 70% of his marks! Apparently they are looking into it as there has been some sort of error where a box was ticked saying they didn't sit the last exam. My question is where are all the unmarked papers? - or are they unmarked? YS thought it was quite funny but is now pretty fed up as he wants to know what he got. You couldn't make it up!

It finally arrived and I am incredibly proud of my ED who got 6As and 6A*s :D This is more incredible as she has a chronic pain condition and missed a lot of school, never mind the fact of being in pain 24 7. Now signed up for A Levels, so we will have this worry all over again in two years :lol:

Hope everyone got what they were hoping for and are happy with what they got.

Well done to your daughter :clap::clap::clap: and with being in pain too.

I hope everyone else gets what they want too.

Well done all - great results. ES took Statistics this year (Yr 10) and got an A. He's a bit disappointed having got an A* in the actual exam and a B in the course work. We've told him he's probably the only one to have his grade dragged down by course work but he'll live and learn!

Hope your son gets his French sorted soon Chucky Mama.

We had GCSE results for DS last year, AS results this year, plus DD had her Math GCSE result today, 2 yrs early... Busy old time.

A small comment, .. Mine have done well, but some we know "have got what they need", to go onto whatever they wish to go to.. And That is Good, so when some may appear to have done slightly less well, perhaps it's good enough!!

As long as they are OK in themselves about what they've got, try to be proud as if they'd strung up the A*'s..

thanks

Well done to everyone :clap:

You can only ever do your best which is always good enough.

This is very true - my neice had varied results but we're still just as proud. Trouble is she thinks she's stupid as its not all A* :roll:

My YS has taken some exams early, he had good results in the earlier ones but elected to wait until he goes back to school to find out results of maths and physics. No amount of offers to drive him to school to pick them up would change his mind. Oh well! We will find out soon enough. :anxious:

Part of the problem here is that the examining boards/govt are putting a lot of pressure on the media to bang on about how good/successful the new exam system is; all this seems to do is to highlight the high achievers, which - while this is nice for those involved - isn't helpful to those who have worked just as hard and done really well for themselves, but perhaps not achieved the A* grades being touted about.

Very true DM - I've had both sides with my older children and was equally pleased for both of them.

At a funeral recently a great uncle made a huge fuss of my DD as she's nearly a chartered accountant (fingers crossed) and he virtually ignored my ES who has been working for the past 5 years, since he was 17 as an air conditioning engineer - apparently not interesting or good enough for him! I'm just pleased they both have jobs!!

Air Conditioning Engineers are sought after and paid well, all over the world; a great career choice, and not a fickle trade. We are training one at the moment, in Agricultural and automotive air con, it's a complex training, lots of things involved. I think a Trade is the way to go, as there are still too many graduates without jobs, and too few skilled tradespersons...

I think a Trade is the way to go, as there are still too many graduates without jobs, and too few skilled tradespersons...

I agree with you Freddie, we all need slkilled tradesman at times, uni is not the only way to a happy life. Some young people seem to think going to uni is the only option worth doing and for some I don't think it is the right option.

Chrissie