WitchHazel

Stupid and Lazy

Today I witnessed something which was probaby the most stupidly lazey thing I have ever witnessed.

We were driving through a neighbouring village. It has a road through the middle of it, and the road is often quite busy. In the village centre, where the shops are, there is a parallel road, where people can park to use the shops.

Today a man in a car coming in the opposite direction, drove his car into the oncoming traffic, and mounted the pavement with his front wheel and his driver side read wheel. This meant his car's back end was sticking out into the oncoming traffic, who then had to queue to get round him.

And why did he do this?

So that he could drive his car up to the postbox, and post a letter without getting out of his car.

He could have driven into the parallel road, put one foot out of his car and done the same thing, without causing an obstruction. But no. That was too much trouble. Instead, he had to commit a dangerous manouevere, cause a blockage in the road, just so he could post a letter without getting of his fat backside.

What a twerp.

Of course all of the cars in the blocked lane, including us, were somewhat shocked and annoyed. So what did we all do to indicate this? We all refused to stop and give him space to get himself off the pavement, so he was stuck there. Childish I know.

Actually, I wish I'd taken a photo and posted it online, especiallu as he was in the act of puttin gthe letter in the box when we reached him.

What's the worst example of stupid laziness that you have encountered?

What a plonker!

Worst I've encountered personally was having to really slam my brakes on on the motorway when the car in front realised s/he'd missed the exit - instead of driving on the next exit, turning round and heading back on tother carriageway, this particular plonker did an emergency stop and reversed along the hard shoulder far enough to make the exit :o . Still can't believe it now, we were all SOOOOOOOO lucky there wasn't a horrible accident.

I also encountered a Police Range Rover reversing up a motorway slip road once (to avoid joining the motorway), that was another close shave - realise he probably needed to be somewhere quickly, but not sure that was the best way of getting there ...

Driving to Gatwick on Sunday, a stupid driver had taken the exit off the M25 to go to Gatwick but obviously changed their mind and pulled across the exit and tried to rejoin the M25. The trouble was he sort of had to reverse a bit and then was across the lines so was side on to the on-coming cars (hopefully that sort of makes sense)! I wish I'd had my phone out as I would have got his registration. What an idiot, why not just carry on and go to the next exit and back up the other way? :roll:

Do these people not realise how dangerous it is? :evil:

That reminds me of an incident once when we were driving out of London on the M40 very late one night; Phil was driving and we saw 3 high performance cars (one was a Porsche Boxster, one a Maserati, couldn't catch t'other one) overtake us, steaming up the outside lane, weaving in and out of the other traffic and clearly having a race at over 100mph. I called the police and suggested that if they got on the M40 at Birmingham, they might have a chance of catching them. I had the reg of one of them... I like to think they were caught.