AlisonH

I feel awful

Cleaned out my 2 chooks yesterday, let them wander around FR for a while. At 2 o'clock when we went out I put them back in the run. When I got home last night at 10pm I went to lock them in the eglu and to my horror found I hadn't put the food or water back in so they'd been without either for hours. Tried to bring them out to eat and drink but they were too sleepy to.

Felt REALLY awful when I realised and worried all night about them. Seem OK this morning. Lesson learnt!!

Bad chicken mummy. :shameonu:

I can't talk, I shut the pop hole door to clean the Japanese and Fidget out, then went to work. Came home at midnight to close everyone up and say nite, nite, OMG empty coop, looked in the run and there they were a warm, sleepy, feathery huddle on the ramp, bless em. Had to open it all up to pop them in as they refused to budge. :doh:

Oh dear. I cleaned the run last week and shut the eglu door to stop it getting wet. Forgot to open it so when the girls went to bed they couldn't get in - found them all on a perch in the dark. Of course no amount of pursuading could get them in the eglu. I had my head through the pop hole shining a torch! They were fine in the morning.

We brought a new coup a few months ago and the girls would not go in it .Then one night after they had been in and out of it testing to see if it was up to their standards they were all gone .

It was dark and I was so excited that they had decided to sleep in it I shut it up and patted the top of the coup and told them what good and clever girls they were :clap:

I turned around hearing a whimper and they were all asleep under my kitchen window . :lol: We in the end manually picked each of them up and put them in ,.No problems after that as I check before I close the door .