chickencam

Blister plasters for burns ?

My ED has a burn on her thumb which is about 1cm x 1/2cm. We have covered it with a blister plaster, I just wanted to check if those in the know think that this will be ok.

It was caused by an indoor firework on her birthday cake which she lit outside and the wind caught it as it lit. :roll: she was at uni and has popped home overnight tonight.

Blister plasters are my new discovery, YD had an enormous blister from a new pair of boots, they took most of the back of her heel off. :vom: they seem to be doing the trick.

I took ED to our local pharmacy and had a word with the pharmacist who told us just to keep it covered with a melolin dressing when out and about but to let the air get to it when at home. She is back at uni now so hopefully she will keep an eye out for infection, I have told her what to look out for.

Hi - I’m new to this site.  I had a freeze burn from an ice pack which needed antibiotics and antibacterial cream.  It’s healing nicely at 17 days post incident, but red.  Don’t want to have a scar if possible, as it’s on my shoulder.  Would Compeed plaster help now, or silicone plasters be better?  Thanks!