Couperwife

Two Moons

Ive just had this in an email,

Two moons on August 27

Planet Mars is coming closer to the earth and will be the brightest planet in our night sky starting in August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. It will maximize on August 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth.

Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again

might be worth a look :D

Interesting - I shall try to remember to look out for it 8)

About 7 years ago Mars was visible when we were in Zakynthos.Being the red planet, it looked like a big, red star.......very cool indeed :D

Who was it who took that amazing picture of the moon - was it Richard?

Do you think he will get his camera out again - hope so!

Just out of curiosity I googled the Mars thing, because I do like to catch these events if I can and learn a little about them. Sorry, should I grab my anorak and leave right now :roll:

Anyway Mars did pass within 36m miles of earth in Jan '03, and that was the closest the 2 planets had been to each other for thousands of years.

But, according to hoax slayer this one is a hoax :(:(

So, I don't know, but it seems unlikely to me that it'd pass so closely twice in such a relatively short space of time after so many years of being nowhere near :? .

I'm not sure Sarah, but I always associated fabulous astronomical photos with Graham (grd), he posted some brilliant photos that he'd taken himself :D

I asked a friend, who knows everything, and he said:

Parts of it are true. Mars will be visible to the naked eye, yes, but just as a tiny pin-prick of light like all the other stars. The "two moons" thing is absolute rubbish.

:?

I'm not sure Sarah, but I always associated fabulous astronomical photos with Graham (grd), he posted some brilliant photos that he'd taken himself :D

I think you're right. It was probably grd. I wish it had been me but it wasn't. My camera's not that good.

("Work, rest and play" - good one :D )