Lavenders_Blue

Tragus piercing

Have a look here - it is where I got my diamond & also my nose stud (am about to order a rose gold one too)

They make them to order & are, I think, very reasonably priced.

My Tragus diamond is one of the push in Bioflex ones, & is gorgeous .... I got the smallest size when I got my work bonus last year, as a treat :D

http://www.bodymattersgold.com/home

One more thing about jewellery - avoid anything claw set or too spiky, as it catches on your pillow when you are in bed :roll:

They are a bit of a fiddle to change too - I sort of contort myself so I have one arm over my head,in my ear,pushing the tragus area outwards, but even so most of the jewellery is small & I am terrified of it dropping into my ear while I am trying to twist it on :lol:

And yes Bramble, you should!

Well I'll probably leave the current stud in for a good 6 months (assuming it all heals okay) before attempting any jewellery changes, then I was wondering about a bioflex labret stud, as the ends are push fit and I should just be able to change the push fit bit? (I have a titanium labret at the moment).

I can imagine how fiddly it is as I am forever losing the threaded balls on my belly bars when I change them, as they are so fiddly. And I can see what I am doing with that! :lol:

The whole tragus thing is a bit of a mystery to me (as I've wimped out so far :oops: ), but I'd worry about losing bits in my ear - could you stuff it (your ear, I mean) with cotton wool first to make sure nothing gets lost!?! :anxious:

I'm very tempted with a cartilage (helix?) piercing first ... :anxious:

My mum would kill me, work would probably sack me ... face, bovvered? :whistle:

Yes you can plug your ear with cotton wool before changing the stud if you want to, or you can ask a piercer to change it for you. A good option is bioflex, as you can leave the stud in your ear and just change the push fit ends, so it's less fiddly (look here and here, makes more sense than my explanation).

If you fancy a cartilage piercing, then go for it! You can always get your tragus done as well at a later date (I'm not helping really, am I? :lol: )

I doubt work would be a problem - as others have said, it's hardly uncommon nowadays, and if you have a discreet stud then I don't see what the issue would be. And as for your mum - pffffft! I'm seeing my mum later and am ready to receive the lecture :roll::lol: but really, it's none of her business! (Although I'm actually quite tempted to say nothing and see how long it takes her to notice :lol: )

Well, it's funny you should say that about your mum!!!

I was in the mood to wind my mum up a while ago, and put a stick on gem on the top of my ear - it took four days for her to notice it and when I told her I'd had it pierced, she said, "who put you up to that"?!! I was quite cross she didn't think I'd got the gumption to do it on my own (I doubt "well, my Omlet friends told me to", would have had much of an effect!) I've decided to try a fake "cuff" for a while, see how I get on with it then "go for it" if I really like it.

I wouldn't mind, but I'm 42, I shouldn't really be worried what my Mum (or work) thinks!!!

Thanks for the explanation L_B I was struggling to understand how it works :doh:

I can see how employers who have a strict uniform policy, especially where you work with the public, would have to draw the line somewhere. I've no objection to piercings, so long as they're not extreme, but I guess they have an image to adhere to. Phil's sister is an interior designer, also working for the JLP group; she is out and about meeting clients, but still has to adhere to a dress code.

I too had to google it as I thought it was probably a piercing in the "nether regions" :vom: something as a nurse I often see and have to say I still feel queasy when i do. I am a wuss with piercings and have both ear lobes done twice but thats my lot. Won't entertain the idea of a piercing gun lower than my neck. it does look nice though and well done for being a brave un.

I too had to google it as I thought it was probably a piercing in the "nether regions" :vom:

Ooh good Lord, no thanks! :lol: Definitely much tamer than that :lol:

Well, it's funny you should say that about your mum!!!

I was in the mood to wind my mum up a while ago, and put a stick on gem on the top of my ear

:lol: I remember doing something similar aged about 14. I put some stick on gems on my ear lobes. She went absolutely ballistic - until I unstuck them and explained they were fake. It was all rather amusing. Well I didn't tell her today, I've gone for the 'how long will it take to notice' approach. If she doesn't spot it for 3 months then it can't be all that ghastly and awful, can it?! :lol:

That looks lovely Cinnamon and I love your star (or are they star fish?) earrings!!

No pressure then Lavenders Blue!?!? Oh well, if I'm going to have a mid-life crisis, I guess I should do it properly ... :whistle:

I must say, both photos on here are "pretty" piercings - I'd always pictured tragus piercings as being a bit "goth-y" - no problem with that look, but it's not one I could get away with I don't think - the little discreet piercings are very nice ... :whistle::whistle:

bumping this thread to say

I did it! Got my Tragus pierced on Sunday and I'm thrilled with it!

Mine has a ring until it's healed, then I will choose something dainty and sparkly. Not painful and it is healing beautifully already.

My year 11 students are quite impressed,

husband and sons went :roll:

My mum hasn't noticed yet :anxious::lol:

Photo! Photo! Photo! :dance:

I've had a bit of fun with mine :roll: It was good as gold for the first week, then 8 days after I had the piercing done I woke up in the morning with a massively swollen tragus :shock: It was incredibly painful, hot, itchy and throbbing. I kept an eye on it for a couple of days before deciding I ought to get it looked at in case it was infected. Thankfully it wasn't (although the nurse gave me a prescription for antibiotics in case it got worse - it hasn't so I've not had to use it). A week after it suddenly swelled up, it's finally started to go down again with ibuprofen and ice. I can only assume it took my body a week to realise there was a foreign body in there and it got rather cross about it :lol: At least it's going down now, and is no longer hot or painful, so I'm feeling a bit happier!

My mum didn't notice until I showed her, her response was, "What on earth did you get that done for? At least your hair covers it." Not as bad as I was expecting! :lol: