CatieB

A profession - anyone given up- AN UPDATE

I did it :dance:

I completed the step up program in early March and was shocked to find I psssed with a merit!! It was so much harder than I imagined, I feel like I've been through a wringer. Yesterday I received confirmation that I am on the register of social workers. I have 2 job offers and am taking a well earned break.

Thank you to everyone for their wise words and support, particularly Ollie. I hope things are looking bright for others too. Any one else got an update.

:dance::clap:

Yay - CONGRATULATIONS CatieB! Well done you, I'm sure it's been hard at times but you did it!

I've just reread this thread from the beginning, and I'm shocked to realise how much my life has changed since then.

I've now been self-employed for two years - just had my busiest month ever, there have been some highs and lows but the bills have been paid, there's still food in the fridge and I've never been happier. I'm free to choose how I spend my time and I don't have to commute each day, and those are priceless.

:dance::clap:

Yay - CONGRATULATIONS CatieB! Well done you, I'm sure it's been hard at times but you did it!

I've just reread this thread from the beginning, and I'm shocked to realise how much my life has changed since then.

I've now been self-employed for two years - just had my busiest month ever, there have been some highs and lows but the bills have been paid, there's still food in the fridge and I've never been happier. I'm free to choose how I spend my time and I don't have to commute each day, and those are priceless.

I did the same too, in one way it seems like yesterday but in another a life time ago. I'm pleased it's going so well for you and that you have just had your best month. Havent we come far. Well done to you too.

Well done both of you. Life is too short to spend it in a stressful way. It is such a huge part of our lives. I know unfortunately some don't have the chance of change. Well you be SW in child services? I really admire all SW it is a hard job.

Yes and no. Children definitely but not typical sw as most people imagine, I am really passionate about work with teenagers and children in trouble. I've made the move as ultimately I'd like to join a youth offending team. I know it's not for everyone and people tend to have strong opinions about it but, it is definitely for me and I think older children deserve good social workers too.