I have quite a large WIR with Hemcore on the base. It takes a long back breaking time to change the litter about every four months or so.

I was wondering whether to get an industrial strength vacuum cleaner to enable me to do this dirty job more quickly and easily.

Does anybody else do this and what sort of cleaner do they use?

Any ideas would be useful :D Thanks

I've not used a vacuum cleaner for mine but did use a garden vac to try and get the aubiose out from behind the wire. I can't see of any problems as our builders used one for just about anything. I would get one but would be ridiculed by the family as I do like to have a tidy run, they say OCD but I just like cleaning :D They all had a field day when I vacuumed the decking...but I was painting it and the brush was useless :lol: did come up beautiful

I find any vac I have used gets a blocked nozzle or hose very quickly. If you get one it needs to have a very large diameter hose. What I have done is to remove the bulk with a shovel then vac up the dust. One thing I did that was a big mistake was to vac up red mite into a disposable bag cleaner. Seemed a good idea at the time, but a week later all the eggs that had got trapped in the hose hatched and the whole machine was infested !!!!

A lady after my own heart :lol:

Yes I hoover, sweep what I can and put into recycling bin but all the edges I hoover up and catch all the cobwebs from the ceiling, saves loads of time and picks up all the Auboise from the path as well,

I also use it in the cube as well, I have a kartcher ( if thats how you spell it )

Also use it on the decking as well as hard to sweep.

HENRY! A Henry hoover would do the trick, or you can go for the larger wet/dry one.

I agree in principal, I had a numatic vac which was the predecessor to the henry. It blew up a month ago. I took it apart, got the number off the motor and rang numatic. I was informed that they hadn't made that motor for 30 years! i used it most weeks for 10 years as a workshop vac, stored it in the damp and vacced up bricks, sawdust, nails and all manner of things. My dad did much the same for 20 years before me.

That said - the replacement from screwfix cost £29 and has a higher suction rating. it is cheap and cheerful and I don't mind abusing it.... Ask me next year if I regret it.....