PixieDust

Another nervous newbie.

Yay, so pleased its all coming together for you (a roof is a necessity I'd say!) I sit in all weathers out with my chickens. Don't worry too much over all the things you read can go wrong, and if they do, that's what this forums for. Lots of friendly advice and help. Enjoy getting your chickens, they are fantastic fun. Good luck

Thank you to everyone for their advice and help.

I am going away on a very rare weekend away. Him mum is taking me to Belheim Palace and Bletchley Park for my birthday present, which was on 26th June. He said to the dog, "Well, I guess it's just you and me building the run over the weekend then?"

The thing is, when this is finished it will look brilliant and is totally hand built, and unique! :mrgreen: He's a star but he doesn't always have the confidence to not mess things up. We only bought the house because he didn't think he had the patience to build one - I am sure he could have done it!

I have a 35 square foot enclosure with a galvanised steel roof but I am still not convinced foxes could'nt get in of they wanted to, was going for electric fence topper but next door has two disabled children and am worried they may try to touch it.

so this summers job just is....

A, putting a corregated roof on the rum, will have to be plastics

OR

b buying the new WIR from omlet.....the massive £1300.00 one, to be fair it's an investment!!(that's what I keep telling OH) got to work out the square footage as I don't want their area reduced

Was that a slip of the finger Gavclojak? 25 x 725 isn't square, it's a rectangle. Do you mean 25 x 25 = 625 square feet? Or is it 35 x 35 from the earlier post which is 1225 square feet? Or is it 35 square feet total, so 5 ft x 7 ft ? Or am I getting square feet mixed up with feet squared?

Was that a slip of the finger Gavclojak? 25 x 725 isn't square, it's a rectangle. Do you mean 25 x 25 = 625 square feet? Or is it 35 x 35 from the earlier post which is 1225 square feet? Or is it 35 square feet total, so 5 ft x 7 ft ? Or am I getting square feet mixed up with feet squared?

Same thing, or neither. The phrase comes from mathematical notation. when you multiply something you multiply the units (ft or m) so 1ft x 1ft is 1ft² (or 1ft to the power of 2 or 1ft squared). 2ftx2ft=4ft² or squared. I am amazed how often people say 100 square m when they mean 100mx100m (which = 10,000 m²). A big difference if you are buying carpet....

sounds like a lot of ego massaging will be required to tell him what a lovely job he's made of it etc - maybe post a picture on here of the WIR when it's finished as evidence of how proud of him you are - but a small price to pay for the 'essential' roofing!