Eggasperated

Blackcurrants

Envy, I haz it! This year has been a bust for the currants in my garden but I suspect it's due to them being so old and rather hungry birds and badgers. I'm toying with getting a polytunnel.

Freeze those currants for winter if you can, they're great in mid-January when berries seem like a distant memory.

I hadn't thought of ice-cream, I've just made a batch of strawberry ice-cream today and it's lovely :D . I think I will be freezing quite a lot Bluesilver as I can't keep up with everything this year, although I will be making a blackcurrant and strawberry crumble first :drool: .

I know what you mean about the colour - its so deep and rich isn't it :D Somebody in the studio on the Tour de France was wearing a top this colour a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what he hoped his audience were thinking about, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't icecream :lol:

Sounds lovely!

Hubby did his vinegar. We had 2 tests, one with cider vinegar and the other with white wine vinegar. Have to say although both are very nice, the white wine version is the more, um, full bodied - richer on the palate I guess and we like that best.